PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have or tried Google Pixel 6 or Google Pixel 6 Pro?

JustMe
11-24-2021, 12:39 PM
I have a Google Pixel 2 and its time to replace, as it no longer gets upgrades, the battery is awful, etc. I bought an apple XR for my business much earlier this year and I do not love it. I am thinking I might want a phone with dual sim capabilities so that I could juse use one phone with 2 numbers. I am considering buying a Google Pixel 6 and possibly even the Pro; although I never spent as much for a phone as the Pro, a telephoto lens would be amazing. I use an MNVO for phone service (cheaper plans), so I pay for my phone outright. Any experience with these phones? I do hear that they are too big for some and there are issues with slow charging. Thanks!

PunkyBoo
11-24-2021, 12:58 PM
This probably won't help you, but I have a pixel 3 and I couldn't hate it more. I will never buy another Google phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

JustMe
11-24-2021, 01:10 PM
This probably won't help you, but I have a pixel 3 and I couldn't hate it more. I will never buy another Google phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that! I do love my Pixel 2 (or at least I did before it stopped getting updates), and I do think there have been a lot of updates/changes since the 3.

hellokitty
11-24-2021, 04:03 PM
I had a pixel a while back and thought it was ok. I'm kind of irritated with Samsung and got a OnePlus in October. If you are an Android user, this would be a good option. Less expensive than Samsung, but still has some higher end features, but not fomo like with moto. Just sharing in case you are looking for Android options. I refuse to pay Samsung prices anymore especially given the issue why I had to get a new phone when my other one was still otherwise ok for a dumb reason.

JustMe
11-24-2021, 04:15 PM
I had a pixel a while back and thought it was ok. I'm kind of irritated with Samsung and got a OnePlus in October. If you are an Android user, this would be a good option. Less expensive than Samsung, but still has some higher end features, but not fomo like with moto. Just sharing in case you are looking for Android options. I refuse to pay Samsung prices anymore especially given the issue why I had to get a new phone when my other one was still otherwise ok for a dumb reason.

Interesting! I have heard that the OnePlus is good. How is the camera? Cameras are important to me and the main reason I would pay more. thanks!

newnana
11-24-2021, 04:17 PM
We're all on fi and have pixels. DH has the pixel 6 pro and he loves it. It also includes youtube premium if that is of interest to you. I have a 5, DD has either a 5a or a 6, can't remember, DH does all that.

We are all very happy with the phones.

JustMe
11-24-2021, 06:44 PM
We're all on fi and have pixels. DH has the pixel 6 pro and he loves it. It also includes youtube premium if that is of interest to you. I have a 5, DD has either a 5a or a 6, can't remember, DH does all that.

We are all very happy with the phones.

Thanks, glad to hear that!

hellokitty
11-24-2021, 07:33 PM
Interesting! I have heard that the OnePlus is good. How is the camera? Cameras are important to me and the main reason I would pay more. thanks!
The camera's not bad. Not as awesome as many Samsung but good enough for my needs.

Mommy_Mea
11-24-2021, 09:17 PM
I had a OnePlus 5 and really liked it, but at&t was going to cut it off in February due to lack of 5g so I just bought a pixel 5. I loved my OnePlus 5, at the time it was a great camera and battery life and I would have been really happy to have it for a few more years of at&t hadn't abandoned it.

So far the pixel 5 is pretty good, great camera and good battery. Some weird bugs that I am trying to decide how frustrating is for me....

I had two Samsung's before the OnePlus and I hated them. The batteries crapped out after a few months. Totally not worth the money.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

AnnieW625
11-25-2021, 01:47 AM
My sister had a few Pixel 2 or 3s and I think she went through three of them being replaced and then went back to Samsung. She got a little irritated with the Pixels not working correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrisM
11-26-2021, 11:29 AM
Following. DS and I both need new phones. I hate the giant size of so many of them. We're looking at Pixel 5a.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk