sand cloud beach towels
kendra Scott pendants

what else?

bnme
12-08-2021, 10:22 PM
North Face hoodies
Fleece lined flannels or really anything flannel
Bombas
Kate Spade (wristlet, card holder, hats from outlet)
Vans

sariana
12-08-2021, 10:27 PM
Maybe a personal mini tool kit, especially if college is in the near future.

PunkyBoo
12-08-2021, 10:54 PM
I just posted as new thread about a bunch of board games I bought, most of which will go to the young adult nieces & nephews, as well as my DS1.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

PunkyBoo
12-08-2021, 11:01 PM
Do you all have any ideas??

i was thinking:
portable slim battery packs - not sure which one, though I like Anker
swig mug (posted on the other thread!)
sand cloud beach towels
kendra Scott pendants

what else?Have you bought sand cloud towels before? Do they come with an explanation of why they're special/different?

AnnieW625
12-09-2021, 12:53 PM
Starbucks gift cards

In N Out gift cards (if they are in your area)

My kid would [emoji2368] if someone gave her a sand cloud towel……and we have a pool. It wouldn’t be appreciated by a 15 year old imho….a college sorority girl who got marching monogrammed towels with her rush class or got one from her big sister in preparation for a spring break or grad week trip maybe, but imho not a random teenager even one who lives in California and has a backyard pool.

Clear bags to take to a concert/sporting event (dd1 just got this one from Etsy (https://www.sprinkledwithpinkshop.com/products/stadium-bag?_pos=8&_sid=430d97eea&_ss=r)….kind of surprised me honestly she chose that style (as it is very southern and college looking but she got it in her HS school colors and just her first and last initial) but it is cute, and she took it to homecoming.

Hoodies/zippered sweatshirts/sweatshirts in general

Fleece pj pants

Fuzzy socks

Vans

Chuck Taylor Converse

Crocs (although DD1 doesn’t have any)

Slide sandals like these (https://sootheez.com/products/arch-support-slippers?variant=33000308801635&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76p2SNLxJRFnPq20-6lvqpgfygb9hZ1JVLd_XCSOjQJjdi3MvrW-YOvBoCSFsQAvD_ BwE) seem to be popular (not sure if there is a specific brand, but they look like these).

Hydroflasks with stickers are still popular

Kendra Scott necklaces…..maybe….DD1 has one because the model has her first name, which is not common at all, but if it wasn’t for that I may not have bought it for her. I am sure she will appreciate it as she gets older.

I like this power brick from Iniu (https://iniu.shop/products/iniu-megapower-10000mah-portable-charger?variant=40776771797170) more than my Anker (https://us.anker.com/products/a1260) which is very heavy and tbh not very portable
I also don’t think it says it charges for as long and for as many items as it says it will (this seems to be the lone Anker dud product I have…I like the other plug in chargers I have, cords, and wireless charging pad). Iniu makes a 20000 model as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Globetrotter
12-09-2021, 02:06 PM
Great ideas! For context, this is for my friend who is looking for ideas for family members… I think the kids are all 20+, except one boy who is probably 17.

For my kids I ordered some board games since that’s something we are into, moreso since Covid.
ds needs a warm hat, wool socks, and an age appropriate tie :)
dd will get some mulled wine tea, a mug (she is into aesthetics and so picky but I found one that should fit- if not I will happily use it lol)
I think I might get battery packs. I’ve had a good experience with Anker.
Last year I really hit the jackpot with their gifts, which was nice because it was a tough year.

Picnic blanket from Moosejaw
Pudus slipper socks
a selection of fruity herbal teas
Concept (turned out to be a huge hit)
catan
cute pajamas for dd
european chocolates
and a few other things that were very specific to them lol

i put a lot of effort into gifts last year, much more than usual.

Globetrotter
12-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Have you bought sand cloud towels before? Do they come with an explanation of why they're special/different?

I read about them here. I think they don’t pick up sand.

Globetrotter
12-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Starbucks gift cards

In N Out gift cards (if they are in your area)

My kid would [emoji2368] if someone gave her a sand cloud towel……and we have a pool. It wouldn’t be appreciated by a 15 year old imho….a college sorority girl who got marching monogrammed towels with her rush class or got one from her big sister in preparation for a spring break or grad week trip maybe, but imho not a random teenager even one who lives in California and has a backyard pool.

Clear bags to take to a concert/sporting event (dd1 just got this one from Etsy (https://www.sprinkledwithpinkshop.com/products/stadium-bag?_pos=8&_sid=430d97eea&_ss=r)….kind of surprised me honestly she chose that style (as it is very southern and college looking but she got it in her HS school colors and just her first and last initial) but it is cute, and she took it to homecoming.

Hoodies/zippered sweatshirts/sweatshirts in general

Fleece pj pants

Fuzzy socks

Vans

Chuck Taylor Converse

Crocs (although DD1 doesn’t have any)

Slide sandals like these (https://sootheez.com/products/arch-support-slippers?variant=33000308801635&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76p2SNLxJRFnPq20-6lvqpgfygb9hZ1JVLd_XCSOjQJjdi3MvrW-YOvBoCSFsQAvD_ BwE) seem to be popular (not sure if there is a specific brand, but they look like these).

Hydroflasks with stickers are still popular

Kendra Scott necklaces…..maybe….DD1 has one because the model has her first name, which is not common at all, but if it wasn’t for that I may not have bought it for her. I am sure she will appreciate it as she gets older.

I like this power brick from Iniu (https://iniu.shop/products/iniu-megapower-10000mah-portable-charger?variant=40776771797170) more than my Anker (https://us.anker.com/products/a1260) which is very heavy and tbh not very portable
I also don’t think it says it charges for as long and for as many items as it says it will (this seems to be the lone Anker dud product I have…I like the other plug in chargers I have, cords, and wireless charging pad). Iniu makes a 20000 model as well.

Yeah I don’t think a 15 yo would like the same things.
I was wondering about hydro flasks.
clear Bag is a great idea!!

AnnieW625
12-09-2021, 02:28 PM
Yeah I don’t think a 15 yo would like the same things.
I was wondering about hydro flasks.
clear Bag is a great idea!!

With the stickers probably still a pre teen to teen thing. Dd1’s Hydroflask doesn’t have stickers but a lot of her friends still have stickers on them.

There are tons of clear bag options on Etsy. Mine is this one (https://pinkeverafter.com/products/monogrammed-clear-stadium-bags-5-colors?_pos=1&_psq=Clear%20&_ss=e&_v=1.0) and I got it monogrammed only so I could easily if identify it if I got misplaced.

twowhat?
12-09-2021, 02:56 PM
Have you bought sand cloud towels before? Do they come with an explanation of why they're special/different?

We have several. I love that they are 100% cotton, and are very soft. They can double as a lightweight beach or pool towel - they don't absorb water nearly as easily as a traditional towel, so the "feel" is different (it's more pat/press onto your skin to absorb water), but the benefit is that they dry faster because they're thin. They'd be great for things like summer pool parties, or if you have a pool and have friends over often. Their lighter weight and bulk is also easier on the washing machine when you have to launder several peoples' towels afterwards.

For beach, the biggest benefit is weight/bulk - you can roll up and carry several of these towels at a fraction of the weight/space of traditional beach towels, which can be SUPER nice if the beach is a trek from the car. Sand is supposed to shake off easily - I haven't tested that. It would make sense that sand shakes off more easily because they are flat woven, and not looped terry. I would not expect them to be totally sand-free.

What we are really loving them for right now though is as throw blankets or to wrap around our shoulders on chilly days! They are very soft and comfy. The larger sizes would do great as blankets, wall tapestries, oversized throws, etc.

And finally, the weaves are a little different depending on the pattern you get. I have liked our tie dye towels and the towels with patterns (eg moroccan, bohemian, turtles, etc) the most - they seem more tightly woven. The striped towels are very pretty, but the stripes can be in different weaves (eg. herringbone, basketweave) which adds interest, texture-wise, but I feel some of these weaves are looser/more prone to snagging.