PDA

View Full Version : I'm a zebra.

Kestrel
05-20-2022, 11:54 AM
So.... I'm playing "Zoo" with my nieces. They decide as a group what animal everyone is. They are 4, 3 1/2, 3 1/2, and 3.

They tell me I'm a zebra. I'm cool with that.

I ask why.....

"Because you have cool white stripes!"

They're talking about the long white hairs mixed in my very dark (Native American) hair.

Thanks girls.

(sigh)

PunkyBoo
05-20-2022, 12:56 PM
Lol! I remember when DS1 was about 6 and said, "Mom the a white string in your hair" and DH was trying to shush him...

ETA- could have been worse- they could have called you a skunk!!
Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

klwa
05-20-2022, 01:04 PM
My (now adult) nieces still walk up behind me and say "Coco! You have paint in your hair!" Because when they were little they thought I had accidentally gotten white paint in my hair.

wencit
05-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Oh, I totally feel your pain.

The other day at the grocery store, an elderly gentleman asked me if I was planning to retire any time soon. I'm 47 years old. :irked: Thanks, Dad, for your "early gray hair" gene. I started discovering grays when I was in high school.

ArizonaGirl
05-20-2022, 05:12 PM
I was going down a whole different path...

My kids always tell me I'm the zebra because of all of my many stretch marks from carrying the two of them. :rotflmao:

StantonHyde
05-20-2022, 08:37 PM
When my DD was 9 or 10, she was in a theater summer camp, taking a stage makeup class. The assignment for the day--make somebody look old. She took one look at me and said, "Oh this is going to be easy, you already have all the wrinkles". Thanks kid, thanks a lot.

niccig
05-21-2022, 10:38 AM
I started going gray very young as many do in my family. I stopped dying my hair 10 years ago. I have silver hair and I’m late 40s. At least once a year one of my students will gasp in surprise and ask me what’s wrong with my hair. A teacher apologized for the student, I wasn’t upset but elated the student, who I have worked with for 3 years, noticed something about someone else

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

KrisM
05-21-2022, 03:45 PM
Lol. I love hearing those cute things kids say!

doberbrat
05-28-2022, 10:26 AM
LOL Wed, I was brushing my teeth and saw a light hair and thought to myself 'look, my hair is already bleaching out from the sun' and then reality struck .... that is a grey hair! (I do have a couple of other ones, but they're deeper in my hair and I never see them).

2 days later, I'm sitting at a table with students and one of my 3rd graders says "Miss, you have white hair does that mean you're getting old?" I laughed and said 'Yes'. He looks at me and says "so are you like 100?" :hysterical: Not quite kid!