PDA

View Full Version : Worst Vacation week ever - AKA life S#ck$

doberbrat
02-25-2023, 10:58 PM
I'd been looking forward to this week's vacation as I've been overwhelmed by many things - including Princess my 16+ yo cocker being super sick.

Friday - many calls from my aunts b/c my mom isn't doing well and what am I going to do about it.
Sunday - my mom fell at my aunt M's house and refuses to go to er.
Monday calls from my aunts mom is in icu with covid - got taken there from dialysis by ambulance bc she was sick (so the center folks have been exposed)
Tue my bday - no one other than my kids remembered. dh sleeps till 4pm then gets up and says he's going to grocery store to get a cake for me and dinner fixings. Nope. I'd like to eat tonight - I go myself. Aunt M calls me -livid. My mom called her and thanked her for Giving HER covid.
Wed dentist to get 2 fillings. Aunt M has covid and is really sick.
Th had to drive during an ice storm bc my dr called - the blood work I had last week was not good and she wants an immediate repeat. Get home to find out a good friend with 3 young kids died of breast cancer. I am gutted.
Fri took Princess to the vet -alone bc dh cant be bothered to get up and dd2 is too upset by her friend's mom dying. Spend more than I bring home in a week to find its stage 4 kidney disease. Given her age, I have her pts.
Sat - I realize that somehow, I've forgotten to get Teddy his latest rabies shot. He needs it immediately and he's going to need a bunch of blood work b/c he too is looking thin and is drinking more water. I finally talk to my mom who is still in the hospital - she's still insisting she can live alone. and is not really lucid. I really am going to have to figure out how to force her into a nursing home - and I truly have zero bandwidth for it.

There's more that is too personal to post. I know others have it worse, (like my friend's widow and kids) but I've been under a lot of stress for a long time and I'm starting to buckle. I want a redo on large parts of my life!

liz
02-25-2023, 11:46 PM
I'm so sorry [emoji17] it sounds like everything is falling on your shoulders at once. Sending hugs to you.

bisous
02-25-2023, 11:49 PM
I’m so sorry! That is a stunningly bad week in every way possible. Please feel free to vent here! All I can offer are prayers, virtual hugs, and belated birthday wishes!

I hope this week brings peace, strength, and some respite from the myriad challenges you’re facing right now!

hillview
02-26-2023, 12:01 AM
wow sending hugs -- crap week -- hang in there

ArizonaGirl
02-26-2023, 01:08 AM
Sending virtual :hug5:.

In truly sorry things are so rough right now.

jgenie
02-26-2023, 03:08 AM
I am so sorry so much has hit all at once. Sending hugs your way. :hug:

niccig
02-26-2023, 04:07 AM
Hugs!! That’s a crappy week for it all to happen at once

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87652)

georgiegirl
02-26-2023, 08:42 AM
Wow, that is way too much for one person. I’m sorry. I hope your mom and aunt recover and you can get some sort of break.

SnuggleBuggles
02-26-2023, 09:05 AM
That’s a horrible week no matter what. Add that it was your vacation week! I’m sorry

nfceagles
02-26-2023, 09:54 AM
Oh that sounds awful. I’m so sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcafe
02-26-2023, 12:10 PM
This a lot. Take care of yourself!

carolinamama
02-26-2023, 01:19 PM
That's quite a week. I'm sorry everything is happening at once.

Gracemom
02-26-2023, 02:21 PM
I am so sorry. That is a lot of stress on one person.

mom2binsd
02-26-2023, 03:29 PM
Commiserate with us, that is a lot of awful stuff happening. Take some time away from it all whenever you can.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

elephantmeg
02-26-2023, 05:31 PM
wow. that is not a vacation week. I am so, so, sorry!!! Sending hugs

candaceb
02-26-2023, 08:13 PM
Big hugs. Just one thing after another. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this and have a DH who sounds pretty unhelpful.

Philly Mom
02-26-2023, 09:36 PM
That is an awful week. I’m familiar with wishing for a redo at moments. It is really hard to deal with everything you have going on with the most amazing support around you. It is even harder when the people around you aren’t capable of providing that when you really need it.

klwa
02-27-2023, 07:47 AM
I'm so sorry. That sounds like a horrendous amount to deal with all at once. Sending hugs and P&PT for the coming week.

DualvansMommy
02-27-2023, 10:41 AM
That isn’t even a vacation week or a normal week by any means. Truly horrible. Take it minute by minute, hour to hour and day to day. Really hope you can get a redo on your vacation week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wendibird22
02-27-2023, 11:46 AM
I cannot imagine shouldering all of that in one week and you did it with little to no support. Hugs to you. I hope this week is better. You deserve a break!

KrisM
02-28-2023, 06:36 AM
I'm so sorry you have so much to handle. Hugs.

♥ms.pacman♥
02-28-2023, 01:02 PM
wow i am so sorry. that sounds so tough! Hoping next week is better and your DH steps up to the plate and helps out.

lizzywednesday
03-01-2023, 10:27 AM
Sending hugs because words don't seem like nearly enough.

Indianamom2
03-08-2023, 08:34 PM
I am so sorry. That's way too much for one person in one week - especially a week that includes your birthday and should have been a break from work. I hope that things are looking up at least a little bit by now. :hug5:

Percycat
03-14-2023, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry. I hope this week is better. One thing at a time. --

echoesofspring
03-16-2023, 10:07 AM
Just seeing this, I'm so sorry what a cr****py week, I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that at once. I know it was at the beginning of the month so I hope things with your mom are better now. Happy belated bday - maybe you could redo that celebration next month, it's not the same but just to have a little respite from everything.