PDA

View Full Version : Worst sore throat of my LIFE

twowhat?
04-01-2023, 01:17 PM
OMG I am miserable. I'm on day 4 of covid. I started taking paxlovid late day 3. I'm so glad the doctor encouraged it during my friday virtual appt and he left it up to me and I decided to go ahead because who knows how this is gonna progress over the weekend. I'm still running a 102 fever but the worst part is the sore throat and all the swelling going on in my upper airway/trachea neck area, it hurts so bad. It took me an HOUR to mentally will myself to force down my morning 3 paxlovid pills with warm water and honey and I just woke up from another nap and now I'm trying to force down some ibuprofen and food...hoping the ibuprofen helps with the pain a bit. Every swallow hurts like a hot burning knife. Even talking hurts.

And YES, I am WHINING! I ALWAYS had a gut feeling that I'd get really sick when I caught covid and here I am. Really sick.

sariana
04-01-2023, 01:58 PM
FWIW acetaminophen (Tylenol) helped me a lot when I had Covid. Usually I don't take it because it doesn't help much (I usually take Advil), but with Covid it did. Maybe children's liquid would be easier to take?

I hope you feel better soon. Covid was miserable for me!

PunkyBoo
04-01-2023, 02:03 PM
I had the same when I had covid in August, even with paxlovid. It was miserable! I was crying constantly from pain. I got a very tiny bit of relief from the propolis spray from Trader Joe's. I hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Gracemom
04-01-2023, 04:08 PM
Do lozenges help at all? When I was on Paxlovid they helped with the awful taste and the sore throat. And definitely take painkillers around the clock.

wencit
04-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. It's crazy how people's bodies all react so differently to this virus. I hope the Paxlovid kicks in soon, and that you get relief ASAP!

♥ms.pacman♥
04-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Yikes, so sorry!! That sounds miserable. Hope you start feeling better ASAP!

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. It's crazy how people's bodies all react so differently to this virus. I hope the Paxlovid kicks in soon, and that you get relief ASAP!

Yes to this! In my case the worst was the awful headache on Day2 and chills (though i never actually got a fever above 99). I got Paxlovid pretty quickly which probably helped - though those tablets tasted SO GROSS!!! Omg even hours later I still felt it was tasting so bad.

I feel like COVID cases are really popping up these past couple weeks. I know several people personally who are getting COVID now, some for the second time. It is like never ending!

feel better OP!

essnce629
04-01-2023, 06:45 PM
I'm so sorry, I hope you turn the corner soon. I'd try gargling with warm salt water several times a day.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

carolinamama
04-01-2023, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry it's hitting you so hard. Throat lozenges and ibuprofen were extremely helpful when I had Covid. Hope the Paxlovid kicks in and you are feeling better soon.

lizzywednesday
04-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Whine away; you don't feel well & we're a safe spot to vent.

I'm so sorry to hear you have the worst kind of sore throat and hope it clears up soon.

PZMommy
04-02-2023, 02:16 PM
I’m sorry. I found Tylenol worked better against the horrible sore throat from Covid compared to advil. I had it before paxlovid, and found day 5 or 6 was when I felt I turned the corner. I had a lingering cough for a long time, but by day 6 felt relatively better. I hope you start to feel better!

twowhat?
04-02-2023, 06:23 PM
Thanks, everyone! Yesterday (day 4) was AWFUL but today I feel quite a bit better. The sore throat is still REALLY SORE but not excruciating like it was yesterday. Still running a slight fever but I was at least able to get out of bed and do some laundry, etc. Yay! The bad news is I can tell this cough is gonna be a b*tch. Already not able to sleep because of it, can barely complete a sentence.

Now I need to whine about DH who just can't seem to handle "extra" on his plate, never mind that those "extras" are things I do every single day, like make dinner. Grocery shop. Walk the dogs. Laundry. etc. He was fine for the first couple of days but now he is CRANKY and I am ANNOYED. I hope for this reason that I never develop a serious health issue. Sigh. Dude, it's a few days. Step up cheerfully.

georgiegirl
04-02-2023, 08:34 PM
Glad you are feeling slightly better today. Sorry it hit you so hard. My DH also can’t handle picking up the slack when I’m sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twoboos
04-02-2023, 08:56 PM
So glad you're feeling better!! If it's anything like what I went through you are well within your rights to whine. That's the sore throat I had with covid in Feb 2022. I would cry every time I would cough or sneeze. I actually thought I had swallowed glass. I ended up sleeping with throat lozenges in my mouth - it was horrible.

Now your DH on the other hand - that deserves more than a whine lol. I hope he gets himself together!!

doberbrat
04-02-2023, 11:32 PM
I'm so sorry - I hope you continue to improve. I keep liquid tylenol (for adults) on hand - AMZ sells it so if you still need it you could do next day delivery.

hbridge
04-03-2023, 12:37 PM
My DC gets severe recurring sore throats. They last 3 to 6 days and they cannot talk or really eat when they occur.

When the flares occur, DC swears by ramen, tea with honey, milk and vanilla ice cream (only vanilla). They cannot really eat much else. Hope you find some relief soon.

Tenasparkl
04-03-2023, 01:26 PM
This stuff is pretty amazing for a sore throat
https://www.amazon.com/Herbs-Singers-Saving-Grace-Citrus/dp/B0015PFKMW/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1UJD159VJA2J0&keywords=singer%27s+throat+spray&qid=1680542657&sprefix=singer%27s+throat+spray%2Caps%2C1365&sr=8-6

Also yogi throat comfort tea, oregano oil and that amazing vick's vaporizer steam mask thing are pretty helpful too. We all just had sore throats and coughs, and my daughter's voice teacher gave us so many good recommendations for sore throats and getting your voice back. These all helped A LOT.