PDA

View Full Version : When it rains it pours

doberbrat
05-29-2023, 10:12 AM
dh was spiraling last week and I decided to bring him to the ER. I was debating it so long that I called in to work via text as I was supposed to be at school. He refused to go so I called 911. We get there and as a routine, they do an EKG which is off. Make a long story short, he has a pulmonary embolism and a dissection of an artery in his stomach.... plus the mental health crisis I actually brought him in for. So now, we've both had a PE. They run in my family which makes me freak out for my kids.

Also, my mom has been in the hospital all week. Her dialysis port was clogged again. 4 surgeries to try and regain access and not surprisingly, she's not 100% lucid. Except they've deemed her competent so she gets to do what she wants. My aunts are calling/texting me every few hours about stuff I cant do anything about.

I'm feeling very alone. DH is unhelpful but he is another adult in the house. I had 3 close friends in town that were emergency contacts for my kids. 1 moved to CA, one moved an hr away and the 3rd died. I know its irrational but I'm worried about what happens to the girls if something happens to me.

jgenie
05-29-2023, 10:56 AM
I’m so sorry you have so much going on right now. Take care of yourself. I know it’s hard but try not to worry about your kids. Believe you will both be here for a very long time. Sending P & PTs your way.

georgiegirl
05-29-2023, 11:22 AM
Wow, that’s a lot for you to be dealing with. I’m sorry you are the only competent adult and don’t have any support nearby. I hope your DH gets the medical and mental health care he needs. Many hugs.

Liziz
05-29-2023, 12:01 PM
Oh my goodness, that is definitely a ton on your plate all at once! Not to minimize your worries, but just to re-frame a bit for you -- your DH is on the path to getting the help and medical attention he needs, so hopefully will soon be in a better place. I'm so glad you made the choice to call 911! And in the very unlikely scenario that something happened and your girls needed help, an hour distance from your close friend may not be ideal but is still manageable. Sending you lots of P&PT. :hug:

Kestrel
05-29-2023, 12:04 PM
That's a lot going on at once. Sorry you're having to juggle so much. Let the unimportant things slide for now until things settle down - laundry can wait for goodness sake. Try to get enough sleep.

If it helps, a friend an hour away really isn't that far, if you have a good friend and a true emergency. Don't count them out.

hillview
05-29-2023, 12:20 PM
sending you lots of support and a hug

♥ms.pacman♥
05-29-2023, 12:28 PM
oh my goodness, that is way too much for one person to handle. P&PT to you and your family.
and yeah as PP said, i would totally go and help a friend an hour away in such a situation!

AnnieW625
05-29-2023, 09:31 PM
Oh my. I can’t even imagine. Lots of prayers and support to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elektra
05-29-2023, 09:49 PM
I am so sorry. That is so much all at once. When I was dealing with similar things it helped me to remind myself that my kids were healthy. Hoping that is true for you too!

anonomom
05-30-2023, 08:37 AM
Wow, that's a lot! I am so sorry. Sending you hugs and good vibes.

ArizonaGirl
05-30-2023, 10:28 AM
Thinking of you doberbrat and hoping things are looking better. :hug:

DualvansMommy
05-30-2023, 10:51 AM
So difficult! Sorry to have you experiencing all this same time. Be kind than usual to yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bisous
05-30-2023, 11:42 AM
Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! That's so much. I'm so glad your DH is where he needs to be for his mental and physical health now. I'm sorry about that combination of factors that has you feeling afraid for your kids in the case of a real emergency. I do believe that an hour drive would not deter anyone from taking care of them should something catastrophic arise! But I understand why you're feeling like it is a lot. It really is. Here's hoping that the health issues resolve and that things settle down a little bit for you.

wendibird22
05-30-2023, 12:45 PM
That is so much on your plate and I can understand why that causes you worry. I agree with others that I'd drop what I was doing to help a friend an hour away. I also think that neighbors and school-mates parents will step up to help and you would be surprised who has your back when you need it. I hope your DH has a swift and full recovery.

Tenasparkl
05-30-2023, 02:03 PM
I'm so sorry. Way too much at once!

zukeypur
05-30-2023, 02:31 PM
Wow, that is a lot. Know that we are all thinking of you. I hope things improve soon

echoesofspring
05-31-2023, 11:34 AM
That is a lot doberbrat! I don't blame you for worrying about your family. Thinking of you :hug: and I hope your mom and DH improve soon (and that recovering from his physical issues maybe helps his mental ones)