asha is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Default Vegetarian and Weight watchers

Finally, I think I have to make the jump now and do something about my weight. I need to lose 20 pounds.

I lost all my pg weight in 4-6 weeks and managed to gain all of it back. It has been 2 years now and I have been a pendulum all these days.

I am thinking of joining weight watchers. I am vegetarian and mostly eat indian food. I know they have points for everything and have a dairy with the points listed for all kinds of food.

I would like to know if they have indian food covered in it.

Is there anyone here that has a better suggestion for me?

Exercising does not cut it completely for me. If I dont regulate my food, I dont lose anything at all. I guess thaa is true for everyone.

So, any advice for me ladies?
    Thanks.

psophia17 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Vegetarian and Weight watchers

Asha,

I'm just getting to this now - but I'm sure that WW has Indian food covered. Have you done a search here? I think the question came up somewhat recently...

In the meantime, check out www.dwlz.com - it's a site runby a WW lifetime member, Dottie, and it has a ton of helpful info and pt. values. If anywhere can help, it can.

Also, there are two different types of WW plan - maybe someone can chime in with info about the Core plan, as I do the pts. plan...

I haven't got time now, but if you do an advanced search for WW and vegetarian, I'm sure the thread that went over it will pop up in no time flat.

And keep posting here - MommyFit is a great helper :)
    Petra
    Mother of Two
    Owner of BaDumBums

I'm a vegetarian, and I sucessfully did WW a few years back (lost almost 50 lbs). They have a section in one of their intro books regarding vegetarians. If you make Indian food (and let me know about that if you do!), you can easily break down recipes into points. You just add up the points to all ingredients and divide that by the number of servings.

And use that Dottie web site that the previous poster mentioned - it is great!

I hope that helps!

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Also, check out:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/index.php?

for more weight watchers info. I've found good stuff there in their WW forums
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)