Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Smile Received my order from Sortfloorbooks.com WHOO HOO

Remember that post that TOOK OFF a week or so ago regarding http://www.sortfloorbooks.com ?

I just received my first order and the books are BEAUTIFUL. Some of them only have a black dot on the bottom, others a black marker line, and others a slash through the upc code.

I would def. give these as gifts.

Notice I said first order...I am expecting two more

So, what does everyone else think of their orders???
    Ashley

DD 10/2005

Default Love it!

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of mine as well. Although, not pristine condition, some I would give as gift "add-ons". No marking on mine, actually - all BOARD books! Love them and love the prices. Thanks for posting.

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

That's great news! I'm still eagerly awaiting my order. I got a notice that something was out of stock and a refund, but it didn't tell me which book it was.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got mine too and all were in great shape! Most of mine were marked, but only with a ballpoint pen through the UPC code. A couple were not marked at all. I have a feeling I'll be back on the site...

thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yup...got all four boxes. I was very happy with all of the books. I would say about 1/3 of them had no marks on them at all...def. can use them as gifts.
    Let's just say I already have a saved cart.
    Kim
    ds&dd 5/03

danagee is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have to admit I was skeptical before ordering because the company was new.
    My books were in perfect condition, all hard cover, no marks, except one that had a pen slash thru the upc code onthe back.
    I will order again from them at those great prices!
    ds 8/04
    dd 1/06

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I heard you can sometimes get the pen line off using alcohol if it was done with marker. Obviously, don't try this on a gift book, in case it doesn't work.

Also, the company is not new. They used to be called Strictly Discount Books and I've ordered from them for at least a year, if not more. They must have either changed names or changed hands.

Default Great Books, Great Deal!

I love it! I have received only two of my three boxes (so I'm a little nervous), but the books are great quality.

I would - and will - definitely give these as gifts, especially the sticker books!

Thanks, OP!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

lablover is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think it must just be hit or miss with the marks because my Eric Carle flashcards did have a small mark. (It is wrapped in plastic though so you could just take the plastic off if you are giving as a gift.)

I've received 4 of my 6 (blush) orders, and all were in perfect condition...out of the 42 books I've received so far (double blush), only 4 have had any marks - 2 with pen marks through the UPC code, 2 with black marker dots. I'd give any of these as gifts (in fact, that's exactly what I plan to do).
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast