elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default User Level titles

Newbie! - 0 posts
    Ready to Deliver - 25 posts
    Walking the Halls at Night - 50 posts
    Browsing Baby Food - 200 posts
    Ready for a Booster Seat - 500 posts
    Old Enough to Clean Own Room - 1000 posts
    Parent Zen Master - 2000 posts
    Wizard - 3000 posts
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Levels/Assigned names under usernames

Who picked these names (and why do we need these "browsing for baby food" names under our username (can't the # of posts be enough)- I guess my question is the one that says "Ready for a booster seat " which in particular is a little misleading....I thought when I was back on the boards it was referring to the posters children, and one thing on the car seat board is so many of us are trying to keep kids harnessed and not in boosters...any way this can be changed, have noticed a number of others in the Bitching post/lounge who don't like these????

Beth

Alan and Denise Fields chose the names. It is common in most scripts to denote user titles based on number of posts attributed to user names. Right now, we are working to fix the major bugs. Once we have everything more or less fixed and properly running, we will revisit the title scenario.

But in the mean time, it's been put to the back burner.

Thanks for understanding.

-m

eta- and I do believe they mean 'booster seat' as in, too old for a highchair - nothing to do with a carseat.
    Wife to Jonathan
    Mom to Sophia 12/02 and Amelia 12/04

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Parent Zen Master

I think this one is particularly troublesome. I noticed an active user who has had difficulty conceiving having this title. Seems a bit of a slap in the face for her.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Here's the important thing to remember. Our old forum was OLD. It was technology at least two or three generations old. Forums like that aren't even made anymore. Today's forums are very robust, and the industry standard in alot of message boards are to designate the length of time or number of posts of a member by fun and witty titles that are indicative of the subject matter of the board. Once you're used to that, it's understood that these are simply references to how ingrained you are to a forum. If you have 25 posts, that's alot different from 1,000.

We can certainly change these names, but no matter what we change it to, someone will not like their designation. There are alot of bugs to deal with on the site right now, and A&D are very aware that some people are unhappy with the titles. But overall, there are other things that had to be front-burnered so that users could get in and post properly, keeping the lights on, etc. We're still dealing with alot of that. But we haven't forgotten this subject. Not saying they definitely will change or that they won't. But to address it is on the list, we promise!

-- Hil

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Smile

Thanks Hil for your explanation, makes sense and I know how important it was to get the board back online and I had no idea the old forum was so antiquated (sp?) but I'm not a computer wiz either.

Beth

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd
    Thanks Hil for your explanation, makes sense and I know how important it was to get the board back online and I had no idea the old forum was so antiquated (sp?) but I'm not a computer wiz either.

Beth
    Yeah, we were shocked, too! I mean, you may *know* the software is antiquated, but to then see it live and in person was like a shock to the system. We're learning as we go. It's fascinating to say the least!