Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default I Know I Am Pregnant

can someone please say something nice to me instead of things like:

you are getting so big
    wow can you even reach the table
    when is the baby due ( I HAVE 4 more months to go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
    the baby must be due soon
    you looked like you got bigger since yesterday
    how many are you having..
    your baby must be huge

there are many more things i just can't think right now. i know i have really started to show since thanksgiving I CAN FEEL THIS. but whatever happened to:

oh you look so cute pregnant
    you look so great????? where are the nice comments. maybe i just work with mean people and have mean friends i don't know. this is really bothering me these days. thanks for listening!
    big brother 7/22/05

little brother 4/4/08

You look SO cute from here! Did you get a new haircut? Highlights, maybe? There's just this sort of glow about you that I can't quite put my finger on...
    How old are you, 22? No? *Get out of town!* I wouldn't put you at a day past 23, tops. I could have sworn I have sneakers older than you!
    I love that top! It's so slimming! What? You're pregnant? I didn't even notice! You can hardly tell! And you're six months?! No freakin' way. I looked like that when I was like, two weeks pregnant! Gosh, sista, you are lucky. I don't think you're even going to get a single stretch mark. More power to you!!!!

Whenever someone says something stupid, just come back and look at this.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really love your shoes!

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You look GORGEOUS- pregnancy suits you well!

dr mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott
    You look SO cute from here! Did you get a new haircut? Highlights, maybe? There's just this sort of glow about you that I can't quite put my finger on...
    How old are you, 22? No? *Get out of town!* I wouldn't put you at a day past 23, tops. I could have sworn I have sneakers older than you!
    I love that top! It's so slimming! What? You're pregnant? I didn't even notice! You can hardly tell! And you're six months?! No freakin' way. I looked like that when I was like, two weeks pregnant! Gosh, sista, you are lucky. I don't think you're even going to get a single stretch mark. More power to you!!!!
    I think I'm going to print this out and have it laminated! At 6 months along (and having gained maybe all of 20 lbs) if I have one more unthinking idiot blurt out "you're huge, are you sure you're not having twins," I'm going to staple this to their forehead. Yes, I'm sure I'm not having twins...and believe it or not things are different from when you had YOUR babies 40 years ago, when women were urged not to gain more than 10 lbs and were encouraged to smoke in order to keep their weight down. I'm a perfectly healthy pregnant woman, thank you very much, but since YOU brought up the issue of weight, maybe we should talk about how much you've gained since YOUR last appointment, eh?

OP, I totally feel your pain. And from where I'm sitting, you look MAH-velous, darling!
    Cindy, Mommy to DS 2/04 and DS 2/08

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ok my all time favorite ( from a super good friend of mine ) when I was pregnant with Nathan was......

Dang girlfriend ... Dancers pay good money to get boobs that big

Some people may not think that is a compliment but it was a welcome change from OH MY YOUR BIG....

I had a 9lb8ozer so I really feel for you!
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter
    Dang girlfriend ... Dancers pay good money to get boobs that big
    That's HILAROUS!
    (and true...)
    I miss my pregnant boobies!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

Piglet is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

It comes with #2, for some reason. When you are PG the first time people seem to be excited for you, but with #2, they just make dumb comments. I work with men and I would be rich if I got a nickel for every dumb comment I received with #2. So much for "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all".

Mommy to:

DS1 07/2001
    DS2 03/2005

DD1 05/2007

DD2 03/2014

Default Oh, I LOVE it!

Thank you so much for this! It's going on my bathroom mirror!

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethkott

Whenever someone says something stupid, just come back and look at this.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

thank you for all the positive posts... i really had a much better day. it is amazing what a couple nice comments can do to my mood these days. just one a day would be nice.. ok one a week. i know i am asking alot. but seriously i feel much better today. some made me laugh! i owe you all!
    big brother 7/22/05

little brother 4/4/08

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast