Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

DH: I swear you were this big when Robert was born. Thanks honey.

And BTW you look fab from here!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Default need comeback ideas?

you are getting so big
    yes. as it turns out, there is an entire person living inside of my body.

wow can you even reach the table
    no. i can't. really, it is terrible. could you hand me that donut? and maybe a beer?

when is the baby due ( I HAVE 4 more months to go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
    i don't know. i don't know who the father is, either.

the baby must be due soon
    yes. yes it is. any day now. wait, i think it is coming right now. quick! run and boil some water. and you may want to get some sterile gloves.

you looked like you got bigger since yesterday
    funny you should say that, because so do you.

how many are you having..
    8. maybe 9. or was it 10? i have already signed my contact with the discovery channel for my own show. that's how we plan to pay for the diapers.

your baby must be huge
    perhaps even as big as your fat a$$!!

Quote Originally Posted by lizajane
    you are getting so big
    yes. as it turns out, there is an entire person living inside of my body.

wow can you even reach the table
    no. i can't. really, it is terrible. could you hand me that donut? and maybe a beer?

when is the baby due ( I HAVE 4 more months to go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)
    i don't know. i don't know who the father is, either.

the baby must be due soon
    yes. yes it is. any day now. wait, i think it is coming right now. quick! run and boil some water. and you may want to get some sterile gloves.

you looked like you got bigger since yesterday
    funny you should say that, because so do you.

how many are you having..
    8. maybe 9. or was it 10? i have already signed my contact with the discovery channel for my own show. that's how we plan to pay for the diapers.

your baby must be huge
    perhaps even as big as your fat a$$!!
    Awe.Some. This just rocks.
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I waited the whole prgnancy to hear anything nice about how I looked. I didn't care if it was a lie. I just wanted t hear something- anything- nice. Well, in the last month the compliments came rolling in, finally! I had to wait a long time but they were nice at that point for sure. So, here's to hoping that people change their tune as things progress!

You really do look great, btw.

Beth

Liz and Liza, I darn near wet myself laughing at your responses! I know, I know, it doesn't take much to make me pee my pants these days with a crazy, caffeinated contortionist sitting on my bladder, but still I laughed really hard. :14:

To the OP, I feel your pain. to the idiots that seem to surround you IRL. You are a goddess of motherhood and should be treated as such. I hope you're having a better day.
    Erica, mama to Lucas Owen 1/11/05, Finn William 2/22/08 and Ethan James 2/10/10

Quote Originally Posted by mommy_someday
    Liz and Liza, I darn near wet myself laughing at your responses! I know, I know, it doesn't take much to make me pee my pants these days with a crazy, caffeinated contortionist sitting on my bladder, but still I laughed really hard. :14:

To the OP, I feel your pain. to the idiots that seem to surround you IRL. You are a goddess of motherhood and should be treated as such. I hope you're having a better day.
    hyjack: the chair beating smilie makes me feel afraid.
    Liza has been hangin' around this board for six years.

My sons are 4 and 6. And they are very loud.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I feel your pain. This seems to be a recurring issue on here, so it doesn't seem uncommon. I don't know if people really don't know what a preg woman looks like! Yes, we get big, but please have some tact! Several times I've gotten, "You're fat!" or "You used to be skinny!" Makes you just want to smack them.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default One more

This was my all time least favorite comment when pregnant with DS (repeated over and over to me by different people):

Wow... don't have the baby right here, OK???

Ummm... I have 3 months to go, so don't worry. I know I'm huge, I'm retaining so much water you could take a bath in it. Now, shove off.

And this pregnancy is heading the same way. I'm already seeing some swelling in my face and am gaining weight same as before. Oh well, at least I lost most of it after the fact last time.

What great comments. I'll have to remember some of them. But just as an aside, I have the opposite problem. I didn't show with DS1 until about 7 months (I'm not a tiny person and I wear fairly loose clothes anyway) and I'm not really showing now. I've had people say, "Are you still pregnant?" And I've had quite a few people look at me like they wanted to ask that, but didn't think it was appropriate (at least they had second thoughts!).

I remember saying to my husband that if I actually looked six months pregnant, someone might have helped me load the huge fan/light combo into my cart at Home Depot a couple of years ago! Usually I don't mind fending for myself, but that was definitely a tricky one.
    Debbie

scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

again thanks for all the positive thoughts.. this morning before i even got to work it was "wow your stomach grew a mile this weekend" grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

then when i got to work a man said"clear the way big mama is coming"
    i layed into him. i don't think he will speak another word..

i am keeping a journal and who said it.. someday i will laugh but not today.
    big brother 7/22/05

little brother 4/4/08

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast