dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disney Cruise - what should DS wear?

We're taking a 4-night Disney Cruise in February 08. I was looking at the dress code, and noticed that one night is "dress-up night" - jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women. Well, DS is 4 and doesn't have a jacket! Has anyone been on the cruise with their little guy? What did you do about dress up night? I really don't want to buy him a jacket.
    - Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

deenass is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default DS doesn't need a jacket

Disney is very low key - even on dress up night - your son can wear a nice sweater (think holiday type clothes) - your husband can wear a nice sweater too if he wants.

Just wear something nice. No tee shirt and not shorts. A sweater is a great idea. But you could also do a polo too if it is a warm day.
    Have a nice day!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default We're here now...leaving Thursday on Wonder

I actually just did our laundry and re-packed the suitcase. I have a few pairs of chino's for DS w/ polo's and coordinating V Neck/Sleeveless sweaters for the holidays; those will be for the evenings and then he'll wear the polo by itself w/o the sweater the following day (the best of intentions at this point!).

Laura

PS: I just googled the weather and although it's really nice in Orlando now the forecast the Wonder portion of the trip doesn't look nice at all!

Thanks for the help! DH is bringing a jacket because we're going to eat at Palo, so he's covered, but I'm planning to have DS bring a nice polo and a nice sweater, so hopefully that will work. If not, I guess we'll just have room service that night.
    - Penny

Default Palo was great!

We ate at Palo on Saturday Night - it was great. The cruise this time definitely seemed to be less dressy; though that could be because our last 2 cruises were on QM2 so it's a different atmosphere.

I also thought the earlier dinner seating was more casual than the later on, just my observation.

For Character meet & greets i'd suggest that you or your DH get on line a little early and then the other meet there the w/ the kids - saves some time on the lines!

Also they are now doing "Lifestyle" pics which are great, esp if you know ahead of time and can plan for it...ie: everyone in matching/coordinating outfits, etc.

Also if you have any Pirate costumes, shirts, hats etc BRING IT WITH YOU! One of the nights is Pirates themed!

Have fun! We had a super week, AWESOME weather..the smoothest sailing in a really long time too..and missed all the bad weather in the NE!

Laura

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been on cruises and I totally would not sweat what a child wears. If anything, avoid denim, but I'd dress a boy in khakis or other pants, and a collared shirt for dress up night. If you want to do a little tie for fun or something go for it, but I would not worry at all! Maybe re-use whatever you have used for your most recent dress up event or photos.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Thanks - I'm thinking I'll bring khaki's and a polo - also a nice sweater, but he might refuse to wear it, since it's the Bahamas and might be hot.

DD is a little put out - "No tanktops at dinner!? Mother, I will simply *die* of the vapours!" .. ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but not too much.
    - Penny

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dotgirl
    We're taking a 4-night Disney Cruise in February 08. I was looking at the dress code, and noticed that one night is "dress-up night" - jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women. Well, DS is 4 and doesn't have a jacket! Has anyone been on the cruise with their little guy? What did you do about dress up night? I really don't want to buy him a jacket.
    We JUST got back from our Disney Cruise last week!
    My DS is almost 4. I was so stressed over how he & DD (11 mos) should dress.
    But, as usual, I worried for no reason.
    DS wore a blue oxford over a white t-shirt, tucked in to khaki pants. He looked cute & totally fit in!
    Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!

Default Which cruise were you on?

We were on the Wonder - Thursday to Sunday, coming back 12/16 - funny if we'd been on the same voyage!

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by newmomto1
    We JUST got back from our Disney Cruise last week!
    My DS is almost 4. I was so stressed over how he & DD (11 mos) should dress.
    But, as usual, I worried for no reason.
    DS wore a blue oxford over a white t-shirt, tucked in to khaki pants. He looked cute & totally fit in!
    Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!