Default Stupid *itch but I have to get it out

DH,

Of the housework I only ask that you do one task and do it on your own without needing weekly reminders, daily reminders, hourly reminders. Please burn/take out the trash. And do all of it, not just the kitchen. And when you do burn the trash, please put the non burnable trash in the trash cans. And please, when I've reminded you 6 times over the weekend don't let me come home from work last night to find that you DIDN'T DO IT. I put DS down for a nap right before I left. You had 2 hours then to do it (and I reminded you before I left). And please wash his booster tray and put the straw cups and plates IN the dishwasher, not next to them. You will be 30 in March. I know you can manage 1 weekly chore and picking up after yourself.

Your not-so-loving pregnant wife.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Make him feel manly. The trash is a mans job because it is simply too heavy for girls to lift. Or point out that all of the other hubbies take out the trash. Or tell him he should do it during halftime - that way it gets done fast.

Of course none of this may work!

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DH's only chore seems to be putting out the trash once a week. Half the time he only checks the kitchen. When he does feel like checking other trashcans in the house, he'll come to me and ask me why I'm not helping. Hello!!! It is the only thing you do!! Why would I help? Anyhow, I feel your pain.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Kungjo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I feel your pain. I have to do the same thing with my H. Sometimes, it's just easier to do it myself. Not Good.....

We have a detached garage so I refuse to take the trach out there. I stack in front of the door (after I have passed the reminding him phase) before he gets home from work. It isn't a very subtle reminder if he would have to step over it.

When he called yesterday morning to say hi I asked him if there was anything else he wanted to say. He thought a minute and said defensively, "I went to burn the trash and it was pouring down rain". I laughed and told him that the next time he's procrastinating a chore to please do it responsibly and check the weather first. Then I told him he was an idiot for ticking off a pregnant lady. lol.... glad I'm not the only one with this problem....
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

What is it with men and putting the dishes right next to the dishwasher? You walked all the way over there, can you not open the door and put the dishes in? If you can dress yourself in the morning, you can put your damn dishes in the dishwasher!

Anyway, hugs for you. Throw the bag at his head next time. That will be a nice reminder.
    KC

DS 5/11/05
    DD 7/14/07

Default .

Oh I hear ya! That's all I ask dh to do, take out the trash. It's the one chore I just HATE doing! One time I decided to see how long he'd let it go so I stopped asking him too or doing it myself. After the trash can was stuffed(the trash was piled as high as it would go on top), another full bag on the floor, and a 3rd-yes THIRD- bag was started he finally took it out Oh and I just love when I'm sick of the overflowing can and decided to do it myself...I hear 'honey I'll do it' it a pissy voice but only AFTER I've gotten the bag out of the can and am on my way to the garage! Is he for real?! And I swear the next time he ask why dont I just put it in the can outside if I'm going to go to the trouble of taking it out of the can, tying it and putting it in the garage, he's going to get an earful. It's not my job to get it this far for you punk

Man I feel better lol