Default Cash Register - best one 2yr old

Any pros/cons on cash registers for a two year old. My daughter loves the one at school and thought it might be a nice gift but can't really decide on one.
    Thanks
    Jill

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default make sure it works

We gave my son a cash register last year. We bought the one from Target. I don't know if I like the Target one better than others that are available. I chose it because at the time my son was fascinated with credit cards and it included a credit card reader and a scanner. He wanted to work at a grocery store when he grew up.

He really hasn't played with it as a cash register, but loves playing with it as a calculator. If you are going to get a cash register, you might as well get one that has a calculator function. He will figure out math and then check it on the cash register.

I am dissappointed with the drawer on the target model. It is not big enough to hold all of the money and the credit cards, so when it is not being used, the credit cards have to be stored somewhere else.

Best wishes
    angela

tny915 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I looked into cash registers prior to the Board move, and it seemed the one that was most recommended was by Learning Resources.

This one seemed to be the winner. Grandparents are getting this for DD for Christmas.

Learning Resources Teaching Cash Register

This model has fewer bells and whistles, but I've seen it at Costco in a bundle with play food.

Pretend and Play Calculator
    DD1 2003
    DD2 2008

Default 2yr old calculator

Thanks for the info. I like the one from Amazon also. Off to shop....