Default My petty bitch of the day

Okay, so I pull up to the Kinko's FedEx today, which just happens to be located next to Seattle Sutton's healthy eating. I have never been to this Kinko's before so when I get out of my van, I look around for the door. At this moment, there is a woman parked a few stalls down who is stuffing her face with Doritos. Which is fine, I have done that myself on occasion. Then she glares at me and makes some type of gesture like "what are you looking at?" Then she got out of her truck and went into SS's - to pick up her healthy food I guess.

I wasn't even looking at her, much less judging her for eating Doritos in her truck. I don't care what she does. I have struggled with my weight in the past so I am the last one to judge. Her reaction though, totally ruined my day.

Petty, but annoying. I guess she was feeling guilty and decided to take it out on me. Bah humbug to her!
    KC

DS 5/11/05
    DD 7/14/07

maybe she is just that type of person - like, she could have been doing anything, writing a check, eating doritos, talking on the phone - and then if she thought you were "looking" at her, she might have gotten defensive - some people are just in a perpetual bad mood!

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes......that way you are a mile away and you have their shoes" - unknown

Yeah, that's true. I guess the stress of the season just made me take it a little more personally. Any other time of year I would have chuckled and thought "caught ya"!
    KC

DS 5/11/05
    DD 7/14/07

I've felt the same way, but then I stop myself by putting myself in their place.

I mean, when does someone act that way? Only when they're feeling so horribly guilty that they think they're (1) being looked at and (2) being judged. What an awful way to feel; makes you want to strike out at everyone.

Must admit that this doesn't make me a whole lot happier at their unfair messing with my day, but it stops me from taking it personally.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew