Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ptttttttttttthhhhhhhhh.
    I blow raspberries in her general direction.
    Stoopid lady!
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

YYYYYEEEEEOOOOCCCCCCHHHH!

What a nasty nasty cow! I'd be sure to tell the doctor, nice one or not. I might even call up and ask him/her to justify the 'policy'. Way to toss that Hippocratic oath under the bus!

And my little BTDT, my mom and Stepdad had an awful visit with the nurse at their Drs office. It was pretty much the visit where they found out that his skin cancer was now inoperable (he fought like a trooper for years) and was fatal. When Mom and John asked for a hospital bed for the house, the nurse was belligerant told them the only way they'd get it is if John went home to Hospice.
    Lousy way to learn you're dying.
    Mom spoke to the doc, and they refused to see the nurse again. She didn't last 2 more months at the practice, too many people complained!

Sorry you had the run in, but it sounds like you are getting some great advice. Now go call that doc!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Update

Update: DH took J to his annual checkup at the new peds office and thought the guy was great. He also thinks I'm going to really like him as well. They gave out a bunch of material about their practice, all written by the docs themselves, with no formula or drug company sponsorship. There's a few bits of information about BFing I think are a little outdated, but the practice philosophy overall seems great. We'll switch Alex over ASAP.

We did go back to old peds office for Alex's second flu shot. I always insist on holding the boys on my lap for shots. It helps lessen their fear and anxiety. The old peds office was the only place that ever gave me a hard time about it. So today, the nurse comes in and is all "Oh, yeah, I remember you like to hold them" like it's a bit of an inconvenience for her, but she'll humor me. Alex got the shot and frowned at her, then turned to play with my button. She said "Wow, you're not even going to cry at all?" Duh - perhaps not putting the baby spread eagle on the exam table for a shot might actually be a good thing?

So thankful this other practice in town seems like a good fit.
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

Oh, good grief! I'm so glad you found a new place that is going to be more comfortable for your family. I've worked the reception/CS end of a doc's office before and no way would the treatment you received at the first office have flown! There'd have been disciplinary action if not outright firing. There is just no excuse! I hope you let the docs know how poorly you were treated by the staff. Staff members are the first impression of the office. The docs would be shooting themselves in the foot to let things continue in that manner.
    Erica, mama to Lucas Owen 1/11/05, Finn William 2/22/08 and Ethan James 2/10/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2