Default I thought second babies were supposed to come earlier!

So I'm 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and DS #1 was born 2 days after EDD, so now this one has outlasted him! Oh well... I just feel like I've wasted a week of maternity leave since I was home all week, but now I'm actually hoping it doesn't come until tomorrow since there's a snowstorm raging right now. That would be just like a baby to show up in a snowstorm, which would make the 5 mile commute to the hospital take an hour.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't know when my latest addition would have arrived if I hadn't had my membranes stripped at 41w1d (and it actually worked, which it doesn't usually- must have just been time!). Ds1= 42 weeks, spontaneous. ds2= 41w2d. I knew I would go "late" (I don't think of being late till 42 weeks+) so I was pleasantly surprised that he came earlier than his brother. I just need to cook my babies longer, I guess. labor vibes coming your way!'
    Beth

I had my membranes stripped at 40 weeks (which I didn't last time) and I also went to an acupuncturist yesterday in an attempt to move things along. I guess he's happy in there though! At this point, I'm really hoping for tomorrow in between snow storms!

Carrie
    DS #1 10/04
    DS #2 any time now!

(((HUGS))). I feel your pain. DS had to be forcibly evacuated at 41w3d (actual arrival the next day at 41w4d). I had stopped working on my due date, and H had stopped travelling for work at 38 weeks, so we were both going totally stir crazy. The only thing that kept me going was my OB's promise that DS would NOT be a June baby (he was born May 30).

Sending lots of post-snowstorm labor vibes your way!
    Gaye
    Single mama to Tyler (5/06), RN, triathlete.