Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Does Santa wrap at your house?

Last year when DS was 2 Santa wrapped his gifts in special "Santa" paper. Fast forward to this year- the inlaws missed the memo and sent all thier gifts wrapped in- you guessed it- "Santa" paper. Since DS is too young to notice this snaffu we need a new tradition. I wanted to get the PBK personalized Santa bags but alas, I was too slow and they sold out. So now I'm thinking unwraped and set up... What do you do?

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Santa leaves the gifts unwrapped and "set up". They are all out of packaging and arranged.
    Santa paper is too much work!

redhookmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Santa wraps every last gift at our house. Even the orange in the stocking. I guess he wraps because he wrapped for me and my dh when we were kids.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes, gifts from Santa are wrapped, except the orange in the toe of the stocking
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

nope! He doesn't wrap anything. He lays out his spread and fills the stockings.

Heather

Santa wraps little gifts, but bigger and oddly configured gifts are set up with a bow. Nothing in the stockings is wrapped, but be be-ribboned.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Santa brings all the gifts around here. Some are wrapped (books, clothes, games etc) but big stuff (especially stuff that gets troublesome to remove from packaging and assemble) is pre-assembled and set out with a bow. When Toby was 2, the trains (several different cheap starter sets) were out and set up all through the presents and living room. When he was 3, the Ikea easel was set up and unwrapped with a message from Santa on the paper roll and this year, the bike and partially furnished doll house will be set out and waiting for him.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know - I'm torn on this. There's something special about waking up on Christmas morning and seeing all the wrapped gifts under the tree and being surprised as you open them up one by one. Santa always wrapped everything for me when I was little, but I'm thinking I may let him know that it may be too much for DD#1 to have all her stuff wrapped. We'll see!
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Santa doesn't wrap presents here until you are over 18, as he is a cheapstake who doesn't like to spend all that money on wrapping paper. Once you are 18, you aren't getting many Santa gifts anyway, so he feels better about wrapping them. Toys are assembled, unbox and displayed around the tree. If he brings clothes they are laid out on the sofa.
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Yes, but does Santa get a snack?

Sorry for the minor hijack, but does Santa eat a snack at your house? This is the first year we'll be leaving a snack for Santa, and I"m not sure what to do with the milk & cookies. Does Santa have a noticeable bite out of the cookie? Half the milk get drank? How hungry should Santa be?
    Last edited by Fairy; 12-15-2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: fingers type too fast, hit save accidentally.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast