Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy
    Sorry for the minor hijack, but does Santa eat a snack at your house? This is the first year we'll be leaving a snack for Santa, and I"m not sure what to do with the milk & cookies. Does Santa have a noticeable bite out of the cookie? Half the milk get drank? How hungry should Santa be?
    We leave out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. The plate and cup are always empty come morning, but to be honest neither of my DDs has taken the time to observe how much is left. They're always too busy drooling over presents to care so far.
    Jen

caheinz is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sorry for the minor hijack, but does Santa eat a snack at your house? This is the first year we'll be leaving a snack for Santa, and I"m not sure what to do with the milk & cookies. Does Santa have a noticeable bite out of the cookie? Half the milk get drank? How hungry should Santa be?
    Well, Santa has to try them, but he has a lot of kids' cookies to try, so he doesn't need to eat much. Of course, that depends on the what kind of cookies they are and how hungry Santa is after all that assembling and/or wrapping.

Of course, around here, DS has made it known that Santa can only have ONE cookie.
    mommy to three boys: A, 3/04
    and identical twins B and D, arrived 9/08

annasmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Santa has no self control in our house - I guess our cookies are just really yummy!

Like others have said - Santa wraps everything in our house except very large gifts, e.g., train table, easel, basketball hoop, etc. Those come with a bow. He uses a variety of wrapping paper, gift bags, etc.
    Eileen

DD - 6 y.o.
    DS - 4 y.o.
    DS - 2 y.o.
    DD - 8 months

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

At our house we bake a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas eve and that is what we leave out to share with Santa.

As for the "bites", I think just have fun with it. It doesn't have to be the same every year. The fun will come depending on how observant/interested your kiddo is.

thomma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Santa doesn't wrap at our house. Each kid picks out a cookie for him and we leave a glass of milk. He leaves only crumbs. We also sprinkle reindeer food around the house for the reindeer and leave them a few carrots.

Kim
    ds&dd 5/03

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Santa does not wrap b/c I am afraid I will get careless with the paper and my bright little will figure it out. When I was little my wrapping adverse Santa would put things in a trash bag with a ribbon around them. I loved it b/c you never knew what you would pull out next. It used to be (still?) that if you ordered something oversized from Amazon to be wrapped it would come in a blue cloth bag with green satin closure. They work great for Christmas gifts.

ETA- Santa only bring 2-3 gifts. The rest come from mom and dad and are wrapped under the tree. Santa gifts are set up and ready to go though Santa is unsure about what to do with Lego sets.

Fairy- Santa doesn't like a cup of milk to sit out all night so that all gets finished. Cookies only get a bite or 2.

Beth
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 12-15-2007 at 11:24 AM.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

WRT Fairy's question- Santa is hungry here since he has often skipped diner in a mad dash to finish up his job. Last year thankfully unprompted, Toby wanted to make sandwiches to leave for Santa. He left Santa coke, coffee, a couple of cookies and 2 sandwiches. I think Santa and Mrs. Claus really enjoyed all that at about 9PM to give them the energy to keep wrapping.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Santa never wraps. All the presents are laid out with a bow and the stockings are stuffed with unwrapped gifts. The kids play with their Santa loot right away but must wait until the whole extended family is at the house to unwrap the rest of the presents.

As for Santa, we always leave milk and cookies with a little note for Santa. Santa always eats the cookies and drinks the milk and then scribbles a little thank you on the note.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

hez is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Santa wraps here (in special paper that isn't used on anything else).

Santa also eats his cookies & drinks his milk It was the first thing DS checked when he woke up on Christmas last year!
    Heather
    Mommy to DS (9/03) and DD (5/08)

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Santa eats everything because he needs to stay "jolly." The one who leaves leftovers is Rudolph, who takes a bite out of the carrot and leaves the rest. He's gotta stay light to fly.

This year, Santa's borrowing our wrapping paper. Perhaps by next year, Jonathan will be old enough and I will be organized enough to get separate paper for Santa.
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast