Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mik8 is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Santa eats a cookie at our house (yes, a noticeable bite on the cookie) with half-empty glass of milk. The reindeers get to eat their favorite carrots too

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BeachBum
    At our house we bake a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas eve and that is what we leave out to share with Santa.
    Love that idea! It is a nice way to remind the kids (and us too) why we celebrate Christmas.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

nak-
    big stuff (train table and playstands in the past, kitchen/fridge this year) is set up, ready to be played with, with a big bow on it. Smaller stuff is wrapped. Stockings may or may not have the stuff wrapped depending on my mood and time management

Carrots, cookies and milk are left for Santa. He'll probably eat all the cookies DS (almost 4) has declared we will "make Santa a peppermint mocha this year."

Looking forward to the magic

CiderLogan is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Both DH and I always found the whole load displayed in front of the tree, no wrapping, so that's what we do. Although I guess it could make the whole thing last longer to have it all wrapped, I LOVE the whole boom-look-at-all-that-stuff-and-it's-all-for-me impact that not wrapping has. It's all out of the packaging too, so playtime is immediate!

Bonus #1: I have enough to wrap already, with the separate gifts we give the girls from 'us' and that we give to each other and to everyone else we know!
    Bonus #2: We can unpackage ahead of time and dispose of everything, making the trash/recycling pile on Christmas smaller.
    ~J, happy mom of two girls, ages 5 and 8

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This will be the first year leaving a snack for Santa and we will leave cookies and milk for Santa (maybe a baggie of cookies to take back to Mrs. Claus!) We also will leave carrots for the reindeer and DD#1 made "special reindeer food" in preschool that needs to be sprinkled on the lawn on Christmas Eve. It's a baggie with oatmeal, Cheerios and glitter.
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Santa wraps most things. This year there will be a few larger things unwrapped and spilling out of a Santa Bag, but most are wrapped in white paper with special Santa "ribbon". We've used yarn, cord, this year is rick rack. Santa writes all To/From in very bad calligraphy in red and has a special stamp that he uses. This year the packages will also be adorned with gold stars.

Some stocking gifts are wrapped, but not all. Daddy doesn't wrap stocking gifts so this way it's less obvious... Also, every stocking gets a new ornament and a candy cane.

We're really trying to keep this going for as long as possible. My DC is VERY observant of details and remembers everything. At the moment she's upset that Santa didn't know her name at the mall and she had to tell him...

As for milk and cookies, all he leaves are crumbs...

Santa used to bring everything in a big "Santa sack" for us. I'll probably do it for DS next year, wnen he's older as well. As much as I LOVE wrapping, I think Santa sac is more "magical" looking so to speak
    Last edited by Masik; 12-17-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Some things wrapped, some things not... stocking not wrapped but you MUST reach in and pull out one thing at a time (I had neices who dumped them out, I was astonished they were allowed to do that!).

But here's a funny... my dd (8) just noted to me 'Daddy and Santa have the same handwriting!'...I said Santa magically makes his writing look like the parents' in all the houses he delivers to...she seemed satisfied...

We couldn't do special santa paper...if I tried to hide it, I would lose it

Santa wraps here, unless it's a gift that requires excessive assembly or is too large to wrap, like the train table the boys got a couple of years ago. He only brings 2 gifts for each child, so we still have lots wrapped under the tree.

Santa eats all the cookies and drinks all the milk at our house. I guess our cookies are better than everyone else's! J/K! We make a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas eve, and then bake Santa's cookies after dinner. We sprinkle reindeer food on the front lawn and then it's off to bed for the kids! Can't wait!!!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Santa wraps here..... Logan's in red paper (w/ prints) Connor in green paper ( w/ prints) and Nathan is blue paper (w/prints) Mommy's and Daddy's are in white backgrounds or gift bags.

Why....
    Cause I got tired of trying to read the names when Logan and Connor were little it was WAY to early and I hadnt had my coffee. It kid of stuck I dont even have to put tags on them so if I wrap early they dont know who's who's if they find my stash LOL. Ive been wraping them in the same colors since Logan was 3 but he cant seem to remember from year to year his is always in red.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast