Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

This is the first Christmas DD knows Santa is coming and all that jazz. I just assumed Santa gifts would be unwrapped, but when I asked DH he said "wrapped". Hmmm. should be interesting.

We will leave cookies and milk and something for the reindeer. Santa will eat all the cookies and most of the milk.

BTW..I believe Land's End sells Santa sacks for oversized gifts and they were reasonably priced. If not Land's End, it's LLBean.
    Ashley

DD 10/2005

Santa's gifts are unwrapped just to differentiate them from the other gifts. Stockings are also unwrapped since they are also from Santa.

Santa eats cookies and milk and eats them all! Reindeer get carrots and I think we're going to sprinkle reindeer food on the lawn this time. Not sure what just yet. Someone told me about throwing a bell out in the yard after the kids are in bed to represent one of the jingle bells that have fallen off the reindeer while they're at the house. That will be fun, too!

DS1 just sat and stared at the stockings and empty plate of cookies last year. He was in AWE that Santa had really come! We had talked and talked about Santa and last year (age 2.5) was the first year he really experienced it. It was too much fun and we're looking forward to it again.
    Kim

~~ Harrison 4/04 & Davis 5/07 ~~

I think we had this discussion last year also. I love making the food for the reindeer, we leave out cookies and milk for santa (which all get eaten). We wrap all the presents and I do try to wrap them in paper differant from ours..I'll need to watch that this year since dd will notice.

But the coolest thing I read last year was wrapping things in plain muslin bags and tying them with bright red ribbon or fluffy yarn. It just seemed like something santa would do.

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Santa wraps everything in our house. The first year we were married DH didn't wrap stocking gifts and I told him he had to wrap them the next year! We always had everything wrapped when I was young.
    Santa eats all the cookies and the milk and leaves a note for DD to say thankyou. Last year she left him a gift too, bless her. I felt awful putting it in the bottom of the garbage can and covering it up but didn't know what else to do. Santa left a note saying thankyou for the gift and the cookies were delicious. We also left out carrots for the reindeer that were nibbled on in the morning, I guess Santa has a bigger appetite than the reindeer!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4