Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    KBecks Guest

Default Vbulletin tips and tricks?

For those of you who know the ins and outs of this board format, please share your secrets and favorite features. TIA!

erosenst Guest

Here are a few. I know there are likely a lot more:

* If there are certain forums that you frequently visit (ie the Lounge, Bargain Alert and...whatever) you can subscribe to them. When you're in the forum, click on "Forum Tools" in the maroon bar near the top, then choose "Subscribe to this forum". Once you've subscribed to the forums you want, go to User CP on the same maroon bar. It will show you a) threads that you've posted to that have replies since the last time you posted, and b) quick links to the forums you're interested in. Also, I have the User CP bookmarked rather than the home page - it's where I start. (Think that may have been confusing - let me know.)

* When you're in a forum, if you click on the downward arrow just to the left of the thread title, it will take you to new posts since the last time you were on. No more having to scroll through stuff you've already read.

* If you scroll down to the bottom of the page when you enter a forum, it will tell you what the envelopes on the left hand side of each thread mean.

* Threads that are new since the last time you visited are bold. Once you click on a thread, it will be returned to regular font.
    HTH -

Emily

KBecks Guest

I think the fact that once you post to a thread you're automatically subscribed is cool, and then you can to to your subscribed threads to check in on your topics of interest.

I also like the today's posts thing, although I don't usually read all the forums, I can quickly see what's going on everywhere.

BeachBum Guest

My favorite feature is the "new posts" tab up at the top in the red bar.

tylersmama Guest

The quote function on these boards is SO MUCH BETTER than the old boards. It's really easy to use, and the display is great too. I really hope people use the quote function a lot more than they did on the old boards!

tylersmama Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tylersmama
    The quote function on these boards is SO MUCH BETTER than the old boards. It's really easy to use, and the display is great too. I really hope people use the quote function a lot more than they did on the old boards!
    Quoting myself just to show what I mean!

Oh, and I wanted to add that I LOVE the quick reply feature. Makes it so quick and easy to post. Especially when it's just a quick post that you don't really need to preview/proofread.

KBecks Guest

Default can delete posts

I'll add that in addition to editing a post, you can delete your own posts as well. This is good for those pesky accidental duplicates.

What do all the short forms mean? I keep seeing things like DD and DS and DC.

tylersmama Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Diamanti
    I think there's a sticky somewhere (maybe in the newbie forum?) that explains all the abbreviations. But basically, those mean Dear Daughter, Dear Son, Dear Child, Dear Husband, etc.

TaChapm Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Diamanti
    You can go to the newbies forum and find all of the shortened meanigns there but:
    DS-Dear/Darling Son
    DD-Dear/Darling Daughter
    DC-Dear/Darling Children
    DH-Dear Hudband (although sometimes it isn't nice)
    FWIW-For what it's worth
    BTW-By the way

Those are just a few.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast