Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    KBecks Guest

Default Spell check?

Someone asked on another thread about spell check and if we have it. If anyone knows details on spell check, please share! I've looked but don't see any indicators that it's available, or available right now.

Emmas Mom Guest

Spell check is available, if you click on "post reply" it's to the far right (the box with the "abc" & check mark) & above the smilies. Same on "quick reply" but it's easier to see since there aren't any smilies.

almostmom Guest

Default view

Is there any way to see who has responded to each thread on the first page, without having to click on the specific thread?

Thanks!

KBecks Guest

Default I'm noticing other features

Ignore user -- I see it listed in the FAQ, but don't know where it is. I need to be careful or else I may end up talking only to myself here. Hellooooooo???

Polls don't appear to be anonymous anymore. I saw one where I could click and see who all voted which way. I wonder if this was a new or old poll because there were a heck of a lot of respondents. Not sure.

I still can't find the spell check buttons. I'm wondering if my display settings are off somehow.

erosenst Guest

Was going to quote, but for some reason the quote function isn't working right now. BUT:

* When you create a poll, you have the choice to show who voted which way. (The default is to NOT show this.) You can also choose to allow multiple choice.

* To create an "ignore" list, go to User CP, then Buddy/Ignore lists. You can type in the user name(s) of people you want to ignore.

* I don't see the spell check option either - however, a lot of the menu is missing, at least right now. You might want to check back later.

HTH -

Emily

LarsMal Guest

[QUOTE=almostmom]Is there any way to see who has responded to each thread on the first page, without having to click on the specific thread?

Not sure if you've gotten info on this yet. If you go to User CP and click on "Update Options" on the left side you scroll down to the thread option and choose "hybrid". Then when you click on a thread it will show you a box that looks similar to the way the old boards were set up. You can click on certain replies from that box, too.

HTH!

punkrockmama Guest

I think once everybody gets comfy with it, they're gonna love vbulletin. One of the gossip message boards I read uses it (what? I read the newspaper too. ). It really is easy. I got mad lurve for the boards but it was like a dinosaur.

neeter Guest

Default Dates?

Is there a way to see the date a post was made, as opposed to "1 minute ago" or "2 days ago"? I relied on the calendar date alot on the old boards. If it something was dated from a few days ago, then I knew I had already read it and didn't need to open it up.

Wondering if there's a way to set this on my screen. Thanks!!

dotgirl Guest

Is there a way to make a word a hotlink? It's driving me nuts. I want to be able to say 'We got this one', and surround "this one" with an http link. You know, <a href="blahblah">this one</a>, and have "this one" be clickable. Is there a way to do that? Am I just dumb?

tny915 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dotgirl
    Is there a way to make a word a hotlink? It's driving me nuts. I want to be able to say 'We got this one', and surround "this one" with an http link. You know, <a href="blahblah">this one</a>, and have "this one" be clickable.
    Yes, you can do that. When you're typing a post, in your menu you'll see an icon of a world. It's right below the smiley icon. Looks like this

So click on that icon and it'll bring up a window where you can paste your link. Then click OK and it'll bring you back to your post, with the section highlighted for you to type in the name for your your link. Like this.
    This is the BBB.

Just so you can see, the html looks like this, just add a [ to the beginning and a ] to the end of the whole string.
    URL="http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/"]This is the BBB.[/URL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast