Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: berg crib

ann rhee Guest

Default berg crib

I just recently visited a baby specialty store and found a new line of furniture that I haven't seen. The name of the company was Berg. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anything in regard to quality and durability. I actually bought a Pali Donna crib but am wondering if this other crib would be a good option.

Default RE: berg crib

We saw these at a recent trade show and thought they looked OK. We'll probably do a short write-up for the next edition. If anyone has bought one, let us know what you think!

Alan & Denise Fields, Authors
    BABY BARGAINS

Kathy Guest

My husband and I also recently came across the Berg furniture crib label and are interested in hearing any feedback that parents might have. I am hesitant on purchasing one without any prior information on it's safety. Is this Berg furniture the same one that makes older children and adult furniture?

Jenny Guest

My husband and I just put a 25% deposit on a Berg crib, armoire and dresser at USA Baby. There is a 3-4 month wait for the furniture because there are 50 people ahead of us. It seems very sturdy and well made. I also love the way it looks. It would be great to hear how satified actual owners are. Please someone give us a review.

jmdangelo Guest

After debating FOREVER between a Pali, a Ragazzi and a Legacy, my husband and I just put 50% down on the purchase of the Berg "Mountain" sleigh crib and combo unit w/cinnamon finish.

We really liked the styling of the crib and it seemed very sturdy/well made to us, too. We also would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has actually used this crib.

Eliz Guest

We are also buying a Berg sleigh crib after much searching among high quality brands. It was between the Berg or the Morigeau. The Morigeau was $650 plus another $100 for the drawer on the bottom. The Berg is $400. I couldn't justify an extra $350. We love the look and it seems very solid. Has anyone heard any complaints about this brand?

KimHasler Guest

We have been searching for a crib and found the Berg sleigh crib from their Mountain collection to offer the best combination of style, price, and features. They have a long drawer on the bottom that offers great storage for blankets and bulky items.
    One of the things I liked about the crib was that even the floor sample in the store seemed very solid and sturdy. We bought it for $399 (after searching the web, The Baby's Room (USA Baby) seemed to offer the best price and availability. I tried calling the Berg manufacturer directly to get information about it's history with no luck. Hopefully your next addition will include this mfg/model.

Eliz Guest

My husband put together our Berg sleigh crib from the Forest Collection a week ago. We LOVE it! The front drop gate was a little difficult to install, but he had the whole thing together in about a half hour. The pine in the forest collection is a little different than the Mountain collection (no knots). It seems very sturdy and well made and a good buy for $399. I'll try to remember to post back in a year to comment on how it holds up with use.

SwissHeidi Guest

I fell in love with the Berg Mountain crib & dressers and decided to buy them until I found out it was made of pine wood, which is a soft wood, and finished to look like oak. We want to use this furniture for more than one child so I am concerned about durability and it denting easily and looking beat up.

We ended up purchasing a C&T crib because it is made out of beech, a hard wood. We also purchased a Rumble Tuff dresser and hi-lo combo with hutch, made from maple also a hard wood. Rumble Tuff comes highly recommended in Baby Bargains and it seems to be well made.

Hope this helps!
    Heidi

Chuck Guest

I agree 100%. My wife and I loved the Berg mountain crib with dresser and were ready to buy until we spoke with one of the employees at a large independent baby store. The employee told us that he experenced problems with the hardware and felt the use of pine made the crib "cheap". To prove his point he walked right over to the crib and put a significant scratch into the post with his fingernail. Although we loved the style and price, the fear of what the wear and tear that two or three children would inflict turned us off immediately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast