MarchMom01 Guest

Default Dutailier cushion slipcover?

Does anyone know where to get a slipcover for dutailier cushions? (Do they make those?) We got a floor model dutailier and the cushions are dirty. I called Dutailier and was told dry-cleaning is not recommended, and the other alternative is cleaning done by upholstery cleaners (steam-cleaning?) If anyone has any success with either buying slipovers or sewing them from a store-bought pattern, please let me know where I can find them. Thanks!

ArbitraryAlias Guest

Default RE: Dutailier cushion slipcover?

Greetings MarchMom from a soon-to-be MayMom.

Are you familiar with the infant/children's boutique Bellini (see http://www.bellini.com/ )? I believe they carry some over-the-counter slip covers for Dutailier Rocker-Gliders, and will custom make slip covers for you too (at a premium). You will need to know the exact model number of your Dutailier Rocker/Glider. A word of caution about Bellini though... Their products aren't exactly in the "bargain" category. But the cost of the slip covers is probably still cheaper than buying a brand new Dutailier.

Good Luck.
    ArbitraryAlias

MarchMom01 Guest

Hi AA,

Unfortunately there aren't any Bellini stores where I am. I still have no luck with the slipcover. What I might do is bring the cushions to a friend who sews and ask what she can do. Looks like the best option at this point.

Thanks for the suggestion though! (By the way do you know how much they cost at Bellini?)

ArbitraryAlias Guest

Greetings MM.

I did a little info gathering for you from Bellini's. The cost of a slipcover for a Dutailier rocker/glider ranges from $74-$90. The cost of a slipcover for a Dutailier ottoman runs around $30. Like I said earlier, not exactly cheap, eh?

Take Care,
    ArbitraryAlias

MarchMom01 Guest

AA,
    Not exactly cheap is right! Thanks for the info though. Maybe I can get a friend to sew one up for me.

All the best!