Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    rosteve Guest

Default RE: Pottery Barn Kids - Rocker

Thanks for the initial review - can you answer a couple of extra things?
    1st - do any of the covers come off?
    2nd - how firm is it? (scale of 1 - 10?)
    3rd - How large is it - do your feet touch the floor? How deep is the seat? How hight is the back? The pictures give no refernce to judge it.

Im glad your comments sound so positive about it - it seems that we'll order this week.

Thanks also for doing the footwork here.

ma2be Guest

Which JCPenny's did you get it from. Im in NYC too and don't know where there is one.

Thanks!

nycmomtobe Guest

Default RE: JCPenney Rocker

Actually, I now live in Jersey City. There is a JCPenney in Newport Center Mall (not too far from the Holland Tunnel).

nycmomtobe Guest

1st - do any of the covers come off?
    It doesn't have a cover like the Pottery Barn Chair, so it's not washable. Again, the Light Sand is a light color - so I cover the chair right now. I maybe would have gone with the Dark Olive. The Sealy Rocker looks more like the chair on the Plow & Hearth website. http://www.plowhearth.com

2nd - how firm is it? (scale of 1 - 10?) 7 - Pretty firm

3rd - How large is it - do your feet touch the floor?
    The dimensions are 35"x35"x37"high. My feet touch the floor-I'm 5'4".
    How deep is the seat? It's deep. But, you don't sink into the seat.
    How high is the back? 23"

So far I'm happy with the chair. If you have any other questions, let me know.

cglow9 Guest

Just stumbled across a code for 20% off regularly priced merchandise at JC Penny. It is NMT49, and is good through 1/20/02.

Found it at http://www.flamingoworld.com/main.php, click on 'Accessories' (I think) and it lists all the promo codes for a variety of stores. Just scroll down to JC Penny.

So to test it, I attempted to order one of these rockers online, and it works! Dropped the price from $299 to $239.20. Now the big question - if I also apply for a JC Penny credit card, do I get an additional 10-15% off? ;)

rosteve Guest

If you are having trouble getting the link to work, just delete the /main.php section and it'll take you to the main page.
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

maura Guest

Hi!

Just wanted to post another option. Little castle is getting into the business of adult rockers and gliders. they offer a chair that looks just like the pottery barn rocker but it glides and had a beautiful array of fabrics. I sat in it in a store and loved it! I think we are going to go that way instead ofthe dutalier because when the children are grown, the chair will transition easier into another room in the house and not look somuch like a nursery glider.

maura Guest

actually Littl Castle does sell adult size also - rockers and gliders that look and feel just like the pottery barn ones - but a couple hundred less and you pick the fabric - i sat in both and thought they were equal in quality. - some children's specialty shops will sell just the children's size and some sell both children's and adult

jnine Guest

I was wondering if you could tell me how easily the arm chair rocker from JC Penney rocks. I tested some other brands in furniture stores before ordering the Penney rocker, but found that they did not have much rocking motion and that they were hard to rock. Could you tell me how the Penney rocker rocks??

nycmomtobe Guest

It does not rock like a regular wooden rocker. But that's the reason I like it. I don't like how much motion a regular rocker has. It is probably very similar to the ones you tested in the store (it is made by Sealy).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast