Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glider

luvtoshop Guest

Default RE: Glider

I just received my glider from Good Night Ben and I love it! They were very helpful and much cheaper than the other options. I rec'd $60 off for sending it to business address.

Good luck.

kls Guest

I agree, goodnight ben is tops in customer service, no shipping charges, see my experience:
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/dcforum/DCForumID9/118.html

The width hasn't been a problem, as my father is a big guy and fits just fine

we got the model 11789, and its great!

gremlin44 Guest

We got a Brooks Glider Rocker. It felt wider than many of the Dutaliers, had a smoother glide to it, and wasn't so darned low to the ground. I'm 5'3", and with all the other gliders I felt as if I had to keep bending and bending before my butt actually hit the seat.

We got ours at Baby's Room (www.usababy.com). The Fields mention Brooks on page 82.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a Relax-R glider that I love. It is the most comfortable thing I have ever sat in. When DD was little, I could go to sleep while nursing, it was so comfy (not that I recommend this, it happened accidentally!). I got mine at a Buy Buy Baby retail store.

This isn't a particularly attractive chair (but most gliders aren't), but no less so than the Dutailers.

HTH,
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

catmars Guest

Hey there, just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

I purchased a Shermag glider from Amazon.com. We are very pleased with it both in price and quality. It's well built, sturdy, and has wonderfully comfortable cushions. I've been breastfeeding in it at least 7-9 times a day for the past 11 weeks now and I have not had any problems with it whatsoever.

My in-laws own a Dutailer, and I have to say, the Shermag has a bigger seat and is more comfortable padding wise! Padding is important esepcially when you're nursing as you will spend LOTS of time in the chair. Overall, I would say that it's comprable to Dutailer if not preferred over Dutailer since it has a better price.

I purchased both the rocker and the ottoman for about 500.00 together. Hope that helps.

penny31 Guest

Catmars - Which one did you order from Amazon? I am interested in the one that is color CLOUD, but wasn't sure if that was white or cream? IS that the one you got, by chance?
    Thanks!
    Penny
    edd Nov. 3
    girl :)

StaceyKim Guest

Hi,
    I bought the Little Castle glider and it should be arriving next week sometime. You can get it with a gliding ottoman or stool. They have a great selection of fabrics or you can do COM. The glider Dimensions: 33”w X 33”d X 41”h.
    I tested out the dutailier chair but I thought Little Castle was more comfortable.
    http://www.littlecastleinc.com/
    Good luck!

junior503 Guest

Personally, I think the Shermag brand is nice. And, it fits me much better than the Dutalier brand. And, you can order Shermag glider/ottoman combos from Target.com for anywhere between $200 and $350. I'll be getting mine tomorrow - so I'll see how it feels at home.

sunny2003 Guest

BTW, you can get a 10% discount on Target.com purchases by looking up the discount code at http://www.savings-center.com/ I just ordered the Deluxe Sleigh Glider and ottoman from Target.com and with shipping and tax it was only about $350 with the discount! Happy Shoppping!

I have the Shermag Deluxe advertised on Target.com and love it. DS is 18 months old and loves to sit in it and look at books by himself now, too. DH was very picky about both quality and price, and was pleased with both. I was concerned about the light color of the fabric soiling, but it still looks great and cleans easily. In our area, Baby Depot (at Burlington Coat Factory) carries this chair as well, so we were able to try it out there. To purchase from them you pay no shipping, but you have to special order it, taking up to 12 WEEKS, and deal with their abysmal customer service. The Target chair is a great deal!
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast