Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    snowfire13 Guest

Default RE: Update to Upholstered Rockers!!!! Like Posh Tots. Must Read!

The store is in Manalapan NJ, it's called Cohen's Babyland, they may have other branches in Jersey, not sure though.

Unfortunately they don't have one in store to try out, just the picture of it and a big swatch book, but the fabric matches the Patchkraft bedding we picked and I saw good things about it on here and figured it was worth it.

I think the website for the chair co. lists other stores though, maybe you could go to one of those stores to try it out and then buy it from wherever is cheapest?

Jamie
    Due 4/14/03
    Jamie

aggie202 Guest

I've been doing some comparison shopping on these chairs and your posts have been very helpful.

Another brand that you may want to consider is Flexsteel--http://www.flexsteel.com. I sat in one of their chairs today--I think it was the Worcester Swivel Glider although the name "Charisma" was on the tag in the store--and found it to be super-plush and really comfy. It was priced at $659 at The Baby's Room in Frazer, PA and I'm trying to locate a local dealer with a lower price.

I also sat in the Best chair (they were next to each other) and I'm not sure which one I liked better. The Flexsteel was plusher but more expensive with low armrests (might be tough while feeding) while the Best chair's armrests were slightly higher with a deeper seat. I'm short (5' 3") and I found the deeper seat to be a bit roomier. Also, the Best chair wasn't as plush as the Flexsteel although the price was cheaper ($469)--but not as cheap as Cohen's in NJ!

aggie202 Guest

Whoops--didn't mean to put that smilie face in there. . .

aggie202 Guest

I checked around at some "regular" furniture stores and didn't get a better starting price for the Flexsteel than $599. Out of my price range, thank you very much.

I called Cohen's in NJ and they rock--lowest price around on the Best Storytime Collection chair. I spoke with Sherry and she was very helpful and friendly.

bathbody Guest

We just ordered a LazyBoy recliner glider.
    From all my research, LazyBoy is the only recliner company that had the fabric we wanted (denim). They only make THREE recliners with the gliding mechanism. The style we ordered had the biggest width seat and retailed at $640 plus $40 for the stain guard.

Dutalier has denim. There is a light denim and a darker denim with an embossed flower pattern.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
    Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

bathbody Guest

>Dutalier has denim. There is a light denim and a darker
    >denim with an embossed flower pattern.
    >
    >...Karen
    >Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
    >Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03

Just curious, do you know if they're fully-upholstered? I called the local baby furniture store and they said that they weren't getting fully upholstered Dutaliers in until July...otherwise they have the style with the wood arms and such.

snowfire13 Guest

Just as an update, I got my upholstered rocker from Cohen's quickly and I LOVE it. The baby is here now and I love feeding him in it. It is nice and comfy for me and my husband, and it is BEAUTIFUL!! It matches his Patchkraft bedding perfectly too!!! We have the Rhyme Time Blue bedding and did the rocker in the Yellow Gingham in the pattern and it looks GREAT!

Hope that helps!

Jamie
    Mom to Jacob born April 18, 2003
    Jamie

Some of the models are fully upholstered. I got one of the metal frame ones and it has panels that cover the sides so you can't see the metal frame. There is at least one model that looks like a regular upholstered chair.

...Karen
    Jacob Nathaniel 2/27/91
    Logan Elizabeth 3/25/03
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

aggie202 Guest

The Pembroke chair comes in a denim fabric, too. It's not a glider, though--it's a regular rocker. I found it at Somnia, a store in Philadelphia, but you can also order it from the Plow and Hearth catalogue.

It was retailing at Somnia for $399 and somewhere in the $450 range at Plow and Hearth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast