Default AP Ind. vs. Legacy vs. Ragazzi-Quiet drop?

We are trying to compare these three cribs. We really like the AP Ind. furniture, but the crib wasn't on display to feel how sturdy it is or how quiet is the drop mechanism. The Legacy seems very quiet, but I can't remember the Ragazzi mechanism. Do you think the other brands will match the furniture in cognac? There seems to be some variation between the brands. Any input on these brands would be appreciated!
    Barbara

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: AP Ind. vs. Legacy vs. Ragazzi-Quiet drop?

I can only give you limited input, as I have yet to set up and use my crib. I bought a Ragazzi crib recently, and when I tried it out at the store the drop mechanism seemed very quiet. I don't really know the name of the model, but it is a sleigh crib, but with bars all around. It looks a lot like the Pali Renee crib. It also seemed very sturdy and well made, plus I like the fact that you could not see the hardware at all. With the Pali crib you can see the channels where the drop side runs on the legs. Furthermore, I liked the fact that Ragazzi has a 15 years or 3 kids warranty on the hardware. I do not know much about Legacy or AP Industries, but according to the Baby Bargains Book Legacy has no warranty and AP has only 1 year. I hope this help and good luck with your research and shopping.

Tiare Guest

Default RE: AP Ind. vs. Legacy vs. Ragazzi-Quiet drop?

Hi - we just bought a White wrought-iron Legacy crib and it has a very quiet drop side (the best we experienced). It does have the exposed hardware - but it seems quieter and smoother than the other brands and because the hardware is white, you do not notice it at all. Also, the bumpers are easier to tie because of this too.