Default Dutailier 16200 & 16220. Anybody seen these IRL

We are looking for an upholstered glider, but DH did not feel comforatable in the 16000. I haven't been able to see these 2 newer versions IRL, although a retailer near me says she can order them for me. Has anyone seen either of them, and tell me the difference between these and the 16000? DH liked one of the Best Chairs, but it was too big for me (I am 5'0), and I didn't like the feel of the Little Castle Royal style. Still also trying to check out other models of these 2 brands, but availability seems limited in the NYC area. I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks,
    Barbara

cvharris Guest

Default RE: Dutailier 16200 & 16220. Anybody seen these IRL

I sat in the Dutalier 16200 a couple days ago and thought it was pretty comfortable. The upholstered padding did seem a bit flimsy to me, like I could rip it if I grabbed and pulled on it. You can also see the wooden parts underneath the glider and ottoman, they aren't completely covered up. I am only 5'5", and wonder how comfortable my DH would have felt in the chair, since he is over six feet tall.

We ordered a Little Castle Chateau style glider, which hasn't arrived yet, but is due this month. I sat in the Little Castle Royal, and didn't like how it sloped. It felt uncomfortable to me, too, like I had to lean back all the time. I loved sitting in the Chateau, though, and even though it is expensive, we chose it because my tall DH felt very comfortable in it, too, and we hope to use it outside of the nursery one day.

We bought ours at a small baby shop near us, but I've heard that Bellini carries more than one style of Little Castle, if there is one near you.

Thanks Carolee, I will try the Bellini near me. Did you compare the price to poshtots before you bought the chateau?
    Barbara

cvharris Guest

Yes I did. The price was exactly the same, but I didn't have to pay the huge shipping fee that Posh Tots charges. I think they charge over $100, if I'm not mistaken. We are going to pick up the chair when it comes in.

The other Little Castle models like the Royal, Regal, Heritage, and others were actually cheaper at the local store we went to than at Posh Tots, it was just the Chateau that was the same price.

I would have purchased the Heritage if I could have tested it out - it was $585 and seems very similar to the Chateau. I just didn't want to take the chance that it might be uncomfortable for us.