Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet and Halo Fleece sacks Yes or No?

I love the Halo sleep sacks. I used the fleece (x-small and small)from the time the baby was born until about April (when he outgrew the small size) then switched to the cotton in size medium for spring/summer. I used it over a sleeper in the winter, now I use it over a onsie or lightweight pajamas. I think they're a great alternative to blankets for a young baby.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

caroliner Guest

OT, but have to reply on the "Kiki" name... I love your Kiki's "real" name too. Very cute. My sister's name is actually Norah, but when she was born, I called her "kiki baby" and the "kiki" part stuck... now at 33 years old, she is still Kiki pretty much everywhere. It is a fun, unique name.

jubilee Guest

The sleep sack is great, however I used the Carter's version which is around $7-10. We only used it from April to June, which is when it warmed up enough to not use it. I hope he'll fit in them come fall.

mam615 Guest

Hi,
    I posted this a while back on a similar thread:

<<I think I'm the only one who didn't find the UCS very useful. I'm sure they work fine, but we ended up not using them very much. This is most likely because we coslept, and I couldn't stand to have it under ME -- the plastic made me so sweaty! So I ended up just putting a 2-ply cotton receiving blanket under our torsos and a cloth diaper under her tush, and this worked fine. Accidents didn't happen that often -- just once a week or so -- and they were pretty minor, so the blanket & diaper usually protected my sheets. Now that we've moved her into the crib (at age 4 1/2 months), she rarely poops at night and she never pees enough to leak. I'm not sure if I'm in for a new stage in which the UCS will be useful, but for now they are just collecting dust on a shelf.>>

On the other hand, I love the Halo sleepsacks. I used the fleece ones in the beginning, when the weather was cooler. Now I use the cotton ones every night with a onesie. A side benefit to the Halo is that it restricts her motion a bit (she's crawling and pulling up now). So when she goes to bed with the halo on, I think it gets her in the mindset of "okay, I can't scoot around now -- time to go to sleep."

I think the "Whooville outfit" is technically a gown. Lots of different manufacturers make them, including Carters. The Carters gowns come in a package rather than on hangers. These are definitely a personal preference thing. Some people love them and some hate them. I wasn't that hip on them. However, I love the Halo sleep sacks. They come in cotton too. You can buy the cotton ones at babycenter.com and at http://www.halosleep.com/product_detail.cfm?pf_id=1011. I haven't seen the cotton ones at BRU.
    Mommy to Justin (13 years) & Ashlyn (8 years)

Fireman_Dad Guest

We have used the UCS for just over a year now and I would buy them again in a heartbeat. I NEVER have to change the actual fitted sheets or even try to maneuver the matress. Snap in and snap out the UCS. I cannot see someone who has a few diaper blowouts and/or a sick baby more than one night in a row NOT buying UCS. I am not sure if we bought the actual "Halo" sacks but did use sleep sacks during the cold months and did even have a grandma make a couple of them for next to nothing as compared to some I have noticed over $20.

spence1 Guest

I found it much easier to change a regular sheet than the ultimate crib sheet.

memedee Guest

Love the ultimate crib sheet.
    Have never used a Halo sleep sack.With the air conditioning and heat thermostats the room is usually the same temp all year round so have not used one.

Madeline's Mom

I live in Lufkin, Texas, so sorry you are pregnant right now, it is so hot where I am I know you are miserable!!!!

But to you question; I did not use the UCS or the Halo sacks. Madeline was born in Jan. so after the swaddle phase she slept in and still sleeps in BabyGap one piece sleepers. They wash really great and have long sleeves so I don't worry about her getting cold. They also can be found on sale really often, I usually buy them whenever they go on sale and have gotten most of the for 9.99 or less. I have never used a blanket and with it so warm here during the summer she isn't wearing socks right now. When it was cooler I did put socks on her at night. Right after she was born she wore regular sleep sacks, I know the book didn't reccommend them but I found them very helpful especially changing diapers late at night. Good luck and stay cool!!!

Jane

Newbie Guest

Hi, I just bought 2 of the Halo sleepsacks at Sears for $19.99! (It's in a gift package on sale from $29.99) That's incredibly cheap! I've seen it everyywhere else for $19.99 each. I found it to be cheaper than the Carter's sleepbags as well. My baby isn't due yet but I thought it would be a worthwhile buy even though baby isn't due till January.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast