Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet and Halo Fleece sacks Yes or No?

You can also get them for $15 each (if you buy 3) with free shipping through the SIDS Alliance 630-305-7300.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

jermak Guest

I just saw the cotton ones (halo sacks) at BRUs about 2 weeks ago. They didn't have many colors, but I was considering trying one.

jermak Guest

I just saw the cotton ones (halo sacks) at BRUs about 2 weeks ago. They didn't have many colors, but I was considering trying one.

We love the Halo sleep sacks. He was swaddled at first, then switched to sleep sacks. In winter we use footed jammies (Carters or similar) or sometimes a zipper and socks with a sleep sack over it, but usually not zipped up all the way. Summer we use a lighter pj or just diaper/t-shirt under the sleep sack or a cotton sleep sack (by Halo too, but not the fleece). They are cozy and a great alternative to a blanket. He can move around, get up in the crib and sleeps great in them.

Kimberly
    DS 3/18/04

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No on the Halo sack, we hardly used ours when DS was little, and then he outgrew it around the time we wanted to use it.

We live up North, I don't think you'll need one in TX.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

Never needed the ultimate crib sheet and I've seen posts referencing safety concerns.

But love, love, love Halo sleep sacks. After the swaddling phase, we use them a lot. When he was little, we used them with everything from a onesie and dipe when it was hot, to a Zipper, to fleece footed pj's when it was cold out (though we didn't have him zipped up all the way, only half way so his feet were out. He seems to feel cozy in them and likes them too, even now at 18 months. We do not use blankets at all for all the safety reasons and the sleep sack stays on him better than a blanket would. Just make sure you adjust the room temp so baby doesn't overheat. They can be toasty (the fleece version). We've used cotton version too in the summer.

Kimberly

hchambliss Guest

I just saw this post so I'm a little late giving my 2 cents, but my vote is absolutely YES on both. My daughter is 16 months old and still wears her sleep sacks. Now, she will get her sleep sack when she wants her nap or is ready to go to bed. We've never had an issue with her removing her clothes (or diaper), and she won't be able to climb out of the crib very easily zipped into her sack. We live in MS, so we usually do the cotton version year-round and occasionally fleece in winter. She wears a onesie underneath, so she's never worn PJs or gowns. Another plus, you can just put on shorts or pants in the morning over the onesie if you need to dash out of the house.

Regarding the UCS - I would go crazy without it having to change a crib sheet because our mattress fits so tight in the crib that it's a nightmare to remove.

So many opinions, maybe you could just buy 1 sleep sack & see how you like it before investing?

I'm in NH and LOVED the sleep sacks, though we had the fleece ones with full arms (not the Halo ones w/no arms). My DD is now 1 y.o. so she now has a blanket, & some fleece footed PJs now that's she's mobile this winter.

I have an UCS and while I thought it was useful at first, I find that it just wasn't a big issue. I never had leaks & even with drool, it wasn't that big of a deal to change the regular sheet. I haven't used it since last spring, so it got maybe 6 mos of use? It never really softened up, so I still consider it scratchy, nothing like soft Gerber sheets that feel like a Tshirt. I wouldn't buy another for baby #2 (whenever that may be!). Maybe you could buy one, see how it fits onto your crib & decide whether you want to keep it? Most of my friends just used large lap pads & tucked them in for those babies that tended to spit up/leak, etc.

HTH!
    ~Lenore

Sillygirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought a UCS and never used it. I've only had to change the crib sheets "urgently" once - never any leaks and Jonathan never spat up. On the other hand, I am fanatical about my sleep sacks and have them in a range of sizes.
    Katie, Mom to two boys
    Retraining my dopamine circuits thanks to David Kessler, MD.
    Jonathan: Halloween 2004
    Alex: A smidge past Groundhog Day 2007

pittsburghgirl Guest

I too, never used my UCS... prefer the nice jersey sheets I got from Lands End. I have a foam crib mattress so changing isn't a big deal.

I had a couple Halo sleep sacks, but honestly we preferred the Carter's with the arms. With the halos, I had to either but regular long-sleeved pajams underneath, or harder-to-find long-sleeved onesies. With the carter's we just used a regular short-sleeved onesie underneath and DS was toasty warm. He was born in January, we used the sleep sacks until it got too warm, about April. then we went to footed sleepers in cotton, once he was in a regular sleeper I didn't bother going back, when it got cold we just switched to fleece footed sleepers.

Marilee
    mommy to James
    http://lilypie.com/baby2/040120/1/1/1/-5/.png

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast