Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    BaileyBea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: Ultimate Crib Sheet and Halo Fleece sacks Yes or No?

I live in Austin and I have both the UCS and the Halo sacks. I love them both. I had my son in Feb.

I use the UCS over my custom made crib sheet that matches the bedding. Looking at the crib you cannot tell that I have the UCS unless you are looking inside the crib itself. So my nice patterned sheet that matches the bedding is always seen, yet never gets soiled. I have two UCS just in case one get dirty.

At first we used a SwaddleMe (fleece) blanket, then we moved to a Miracle Blanket (cotton and slightly bigger than the Swaddle Me) and then we moved to the Halo sleep sacks (around 3.5-4 months). We moved to the Halo after his Moro Reflexes improved. We have two Halo Sleep sacks that are cotton and one that was fleece. By the time my son was 3.5-4 months the fleece was too warm so we mostly used the cotton.

Personally I recommend at least one fleece and one cotton Halo and Swaddle Me. I also loved the Miracle Blanket. The one thing I would do differently for baby #2 is buy two Swaddle Me's. I only had one and I was constantly washing one. I had two Halo's and they were great. I used them until my DS turned over.

Hope this helps,

My son is 3 months old, and I love both of these, although I used the HALO cotton sack for the summer. My son was not at all into the swaddling idea, so I've been using the sacks for a while now. The Ultimate Crib Sheet is great, but if you have a bumper, it is still annoying to get on and off.

Jenn98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did not own an UCS, and did not plan to use the Halo sacks until I decided I needed to. DD loved to be swaddled and I could only put her to bed if her arms were swaddled all the way up to 7 months old. But then it was feb and she was freezing if I didn't swaddle her, so I picked up a sleep sack at a local resale shop - what took me so long!?!??! We love them. In fact, I need to go get two in the next size up since DD is going to need a new size for the fall. We use the fleece in the winter and the cotton in the summer - to take the edge off the air conditioning.
    Jen

DD#1 is 7 years old
    DD#2 is 6 year old

nedklly Guest

A good alternative to the UCS, although it still may not please those who don't like to take the crib mattress out is the sheets at

www.sweetpeasheirlooms.com

It is a wonderful company and their sheets are 100% cotton. They have snaps on one end that hold the sheet in place. Cheap? No. worth it? Yes. Also, since it goes all the way around, it can also be flipped in the middle of the night if there is an accident. You can then change the sheets in the am without being up all night! I got these sheets for my bassinet and for my pack and play.

jam42076 Guest

YES and YES! Both of these products are in my top 10 list of things all babies need! The Ultimate Crib Sheet has kept my Crib sheets in great condition through two babies. No stains, yeah!!
    The UCS soften up after a few washes. They are so easy to put on and take off. This especially nice in the case of a leaky diaper at 2 am!
    As for the SleepSack, they are wonderful for so many reasons. They are adorable, come in many colors and several different fabrics. We use the lighter weight cotton on warmer nights and the fleece or micro fleece when temperatures drop. We also have one made out of a material called velboa. It feels just like my little one's favorite blanket. So soft. The fabrics are all breathable so my babies never overheat. I also notice that when there is a diaper leak the sleepsack didn't hold moisture. The arm and neck holes are never too tight, even when I have my kids in heavier pajamas. The sleepsacks are designed to be wider around the feet and legs so my little ones could still kick and move comfortably - even walk! The zipper slides down to close, keeping it away from baby's sensitive chin and neck skin. I just discovered that HALO has a toddler size with foot holes! I think my kids sleep better when wearing a sleepsack. There is no blanket to kick off so they stay warm all through the night.
    I also like that HALO is endorsed by by theFirst Candle/SIDS Alliance. Knowing that these wearable blankets help reduce the risks of SIDS helped me sleep better too.
    I give a HALO gift set at every baby shower I go to. I think this company makes great products!

melbb is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I love the UCS. It was so handy in the early days when DD spit up often. For me personally, the crib mattress fit tight enough that I practically would have to take it out of the crib to change a regular sheet, plus the bumper is in the way. So the UCS was so easy.

Early on, I used the miracle blanket. Once DD didn't need swaddling or was able to get out of it, I used sleeping bags/sacks. I used a carters brand early on that had sleeves. When DD outgrew those, I bought the Halo Sleep sacks. I love them, too because they are so warm. I don't know that they are necessary, but on a cold night, I think they added additional warmth.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4