1ontheway Guest

Default Jardine Crib Owners

DH and I were out looking at cribs again this weekend at BRus. We really like the closed end style of the Jardine cribs and the very affordable price tag. We are not concerned about the crib being convertible. I would prefer hidden hardware, but don't really know if it's worth the price tag. I know these cribs have a B+ rating in BB. So what do you think of these cribs? Do they seem to hold up well? We hope to have 2-3 children. Do you think this crib would survive?

Christina
    EDD 1/12/04

Default RE: Jardine Crib Owners

We looked high and low for cribs, and ended up buying the white one at BRU with solid ends. It is wonderful! Jude is only 4 months old, but we plan on having others to fill it down the road.

After seeing my nephews crib this past weekend, I am really impressed with the finish on our crib. My guess is they spent AT LOT more than we did ($199.)

Go for it!

The price is almost too good to be true. We were prepared to spend $500-$1000.

etj717 Guest

We purchased this crib and set it up with no problems. Then we decided to move to a different room, and thats where the trouble began. When i put it together the second time in the other room I noticed that two of the four bolts that hold the matteress frame to the crib wouldn't tighten. I then tried to take them back out and I couldn't even get them to back out of the hole, they were stripped. The only way I could get the crib apart was to unscrew the metal strip the bolt went through. What was behind the metal stip was only a hole with no threads. The threading that the matress bolts go through to attach to the frame has about one thread. If it was something you only put in once it wouldn't be so bad, but when it's bolts that you take in and out everytime you want to adjust the matteress height the y just wont last. Babys-R-Us was great and they took the crib back with no questions. I have noticed that only Jardine uses this very cheap and inadequate system. The other cribs all have holes that either uses hidden wing nuts or more of a full thread. I was very disappointed when 2 out of the 4 nuts stripped the first time I tried to adjust them. I feel this crib wont even last through one child let alone two or more. When baby bargain gave it a "B" that was before they had any info. They said they were giving it the benefit of the doubt. The company had a very bad rap under its previous name. I would definately never recomend this crib.

1ontheway Guest

Hmmm...Definitely something to consider. Thanks for the information!

Christina
    EDD 1/12/04