julie401 Guest

Default Modern baby furniture?

Does anyone have any thoughts on Nurseryworks, Oeuf NYC, or Room & Board cribs? I'm in the market for a modern crib, but I can't find any reviews of those listed above. THANKS!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/31746.jpg

ZerlinaCH Guest

Default RE: Modern baby furniture?

just curious what you ended up buying. i went to look at the nurseryworks ariel crib but it looks like you need two hands to move the siderail. can't seem to find anything that is both cool and funcitonal.

adthompson3 Guest

Default RE: Modern baby furniture?

If you order a crib from Room & Board, please request a company repair crew come to your home to check that it was correctly assembled. Last fall, I purchased a crib from Room & Board (the Lullaby crib that has since been discontinued) that developed a cracked support rail since it was incorrectly assembled by the company. As a result, my infant son was sleeping in a dangerous crib - and I didn't even know it!

It wasn't until I had the crib serviced due to a faulty side rail that I learned it also had a cracked support rail and a drawer that was on the verge of falling apart. During the service call, I was told by the repairman that these problems were caused by “shoddy� assembly by Room & Board employees. In addition, I was told that due to the problems the company experienced with the assembly of the crib, it had been discontinued and replaced with cribs that required less assembly by Room & Board.

As you can imagine, I was furious to learn that the poor assembly of the crib by Room & Board had put my son in direct danger for many months. If I had not asked for the side rail to be serviced, the cracked support rail may not have been discovered. Obviously, Room & Board knew about this service issue and was negligent in notifying us about it.

In my book, the company also fell short on customer service when the problem was detected. After inquiring about the repairs, I was told that I would need to wait two to three weeks for the replacement parts to come in and then additional time for the service call – something that is completely unacceptable as I’m sure its current condition would not have met the safety requirements of the manufacturer. Moreover, when I requested a new crib, I was told that I would need to pay more since my crib was replaced with new cribs that cost an additional $200 and $400.

I no longer own a Room & Board crib as I returned my dangerous one and asked for a complete refund.

While Room & Board specializes in fine furnishings, they don't specialize in cribs. To me, it appears that the company's lack of experience resulted in them providing me with a crib that could have put my son in danger. Again, if you order a crib from them, please do everything you can to have the company ensure you that it was correctly assembled.