Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    kusiakje Guest

Default RE: Am I the only one planning to put baby in her room right away?

After I replied, I started to wonder about that. If it was a convertible or something that the age limit would apply to the toddler bed configuration. Anyway, glad everything's fine.

Jessica

I would like to second (or third, or fourth...) the idea of a good feeding chair and a TV no matter where you choose to put the little one to sleep. I didn't realize how important those two items would be until we got her home!!!

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default We actually put the bassinet far away from us to get some sleep!

We have a medium size ranch house - and we put the baby far away from our room (in the living room) so that we wouldn't hear every little noise.

We did sleep with our bedroom door partially open so we could hear, but we didn't want to hear every little stirring, just the signal cries for feeding.

Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We did what worked for us. I'm pretty sure we started with the baby in the room and soon discovered that it wansn't quite right. I preferred to get up and out of the bedroom for night feedings anyway.

Good luck!
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

ETA: Just saw this is a 2003 post!!!! I'm sure baby was just fine, but wow, how did this one get revived.

The latest (2006) SIDS risk/prevention info advises the safest place for baby to sleep is in the parents' room for the first few/several months. Having baby in our room, next to our bed, actually saved us on sleep so I could nurse quickly and go back to sleep when he woke up. I am not sure why the BB book would have an opinion on where a baby should sleep? I'm surprised at your ped's rec considering the most recent SIDS info (and having baby sleep in their own room is not a 'medical' issue). I would get a bassinet or portable crib or co-sleeper and change your original plan. FWIW, our son had no problem starting to sleep in his big crib at seven or eight months, he didn't need to get used to it as a newborn. Congrats on your new arrival.

Kimberly

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4