aburns76 Guest

Default Nice & inexpensive glider

I just thought I'd pass this along... I ordered the "Contemporary Glider & Ottoman" set from JCPenney for $200 but was a bit apprehensive about the quality, seeing as how it was so inexpensive. Well, I love it!! It's extremely comfortable, and this is coming from a pretty large lady. It is very sturdy and looks absolutely gorgeous. Also, it was very easy to put together - the ottoman and base are already assembled. So, FYI if you are looking for a glider/ ottoman and trying not to break the bank! To save further $$$, buy it when they are doing a free shipping promotion - I did. They run those fairly often.

The URL is too long to post (sorry) but the JCP website is http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/default.aspx
    Go to Children's -> Furniture -> rocker-ottoman.

Amy
    edd 1/12/04 (soon!!)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default RE: Nice & inexpensive glider

Thanks for posting! We are hoping to get away with the chair and ottoman we currently have, but if we do have to get a glider/ottoman, I will definitely check out the ones at JCP. :)
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

jennmcl39 Guest

I'm glad you posted this! i had seen the set in the catalog, but was unable to determine a manufacturer. Price, however, was too good to pass up, and it was in cherry like we wanted. In-laws have ordered this set and it's on its way...hope we like it as much as you do! :)

Hi Ladies,

This sounds great - we were a bit annoyed about potentially spending $500+ for a glider & ottoman. The one on the Penney's website looks really nice, and it's in cherry, like we want. Am a bit apprehensive about buying this w/o being able to actually see it & sit in it.

Can any of you who have already looked into this further and/or received your gliders answer a few questions for me?

Am wondering how the cushions attach to the chair - snaps or velcro?

Were you able to find out what company manufactures the chair?

Will the glider and ottoman lock in a stationary position?

Many thanks, and best of luck to all.

Take care,
    Jill

DD 2004
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2014 finally!

masonsmama Guest

Hi Everyone,

On that same note about saving $$$ on gliders, I have the same questions that Jill has about the JC Penney glider. I'd also love to know if anyone has the Dutalier Ultramotion glider. Right now it's at Target for $199 and the ottoman is selling separately at $79.99 This is supposedly Dutalier's lower model. I'm just wondering if anyone has it and what their experience has been, whether or not it locks, how comfortable it is, etc.

Thanks so much,
    Cristal

mlhps Guest

I too was wondering if the glider locks or reclines. Does anyone know? Thank you, Mariah

jp96 Guest

I saw it at Target and it does not lock. It is bare-bones, with a dull beige fabric on it.