Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    1stbaby Guest

Default Bellini vs. Pali nursery

I am going out of my mind with all the choices of cribs and other nursery pieces. So much to choose from. Plus, reading the BBB book and the posts, gives so many options, it's overwhelming. I have narrowed (just for now) it down to 2 companies, Bellini and Pali. I seem to like the design of the furniture, I believe the quality is there. I know they're expensive, but with convertible beds, it's a good investment for years to come. There is a big difference in the cribs, though. Pali's crib doesn't have the sliding bar or a drawer, while Bellini does. Is it important to have those features? Any advice will help. As first time parents, we are not sure what's best for our baby and need all the help we can get.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Default RE: Bellini vs. Pali nursery

Hi Michelle,

Have you narrowed it down to particular styles of cribs? Because my Pali Matisse (sp?) has both a drop side and a drawer underneath. . . . I have the crib, but haven't used it yet ;-) so can't comment beyond that.

1stbaby Guest

Hi,

Yes, we narrowed it down to the Rosalia. I just love the look of it, it seems so sturdy. Plus, because we're having a boy, it'll convert into a really nice looking full bed. Btw, it does cost $780 with the conversion kit, the Bellini is over $100 less. But that won't stop us from buying as long as we know the quality and functionality is there.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Imperia Guest

Unfortunately, I don't know much about Bellini since no one in my area carries this brand. The only information I haev is from my copy of Baby Bargains, which isn't the newest version. They seemed to prefer Pali over Bellini (A- to C+) siteing that Bellini still used a double trigger (they have probably changed that by now). I just received my Pali this past week, but haven't used it yet as my baby isn't due until Wednesday. (I made a post on it earlier if you are interested). I have to say the crib is gorgeous, and has an incredibly sturdy feel to it. Mine has a drawer (which comes with it) but it's not a 3 in 1 type, it's a crib/toddler bed (all Palis convert to at least a toddler bed). We decided not to buy a 3 in 1 for a couple fo reasons including the fact that we are possibly planning to have anotehr child within a few years and therefore we could simply reuse the crib for the next baby (we hope!) and the fact that we do not know if we will still even like that style 4 years down the road, perhaps we would want something else for her as she gets older. Now, the caveat, Pali is a strange company. I know they warn you about this in teh book, but it's completely true.
    I ordered my crib September 6th of 2003, and I received it on January 8th 2004. I know this isn't always the case, but BEWARE, order early or have a back up plan (ie bassinet, Pack N play etc). Also, my crib has some very minor damage (box was ripped). It is cosmetic and doesn't affect the safety or use of the crib in anyway, however, the store had to order me another end piece from Italy which may take quite some time. My husband, who works in electronics, says Italian companies are often this way (at least the ones he has dealt with for work). They don't seem to udnerstand the idea of a tight schedule, and are often behind.

As for the drawer and the sliding bar (what is a sliding bar? do you mean a streight rail to use with the toddler bed? youc an buy those separately for a Pali) a drawer is nice, of course, but many people say they have to be removed when they child begins to be mobile because they open them up and take everything out or stand in them.

Good luck!

Imperia

1stbaby Guest

Thanks for the info. I know that the rating is different according to BBB, but Bellini is now making all their cribs with knee push and one is a 3 in 1 convertible, which we definitely need. As for the delivery, that's what my concern is. We are having the nursery done so I want to complete it as soon as the baby arrives. So many of the better companies are making it difficult with the delivery dates. All I know is that Bellini does deliver quickly because they have many of it in stock, however, it's a big investment, and we want to make sure we're not making a mistake. Also, people are raving about Morigeau and Ragazzi, but I don't know if they're worth the expense either. Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks,
    Michelle

Imperia Guest

My husband really liked Ragazzi cribs, but I felt the Pali had a more sturdy feel, and I prefered the styling of the model I bought to the Ragazzis I saw (Pali Laurie); I just fell in love with this particular model and had to have it. I don't remember the Ragazzi models I saw being 3 in 1s either, but they may have some. I would say Ragazzi was good brand though from what I saw and have heard about them people seem to be pleased. The baby store we dealt with did sell Morigeau, but they didn't actually have them on the floor for viewing. I cannot buy furniture without seeing it in person, myself. I have to throw it around and examine the finish, grain etc (can you tell I am picky?) lots of people seem to like them as well. So if you can see these lines in person go for it, maybe oen model will call out to you.

How far along are you? That might affect your choices. Also depending on what store you deal with they may have the model you want in stock (even if it's a Pali!) My advice overall? Get the model you like most, will best suit your needs and is of the best quality. The baby store I dealt with offered me another Pali model in place of the Laurie I originally wanted (in case mine wasn't here in time), but I knew that a few months down the line I would be upset I didn't have the one I really wanted. Then again, I am the type of person who hates to "settle" on anything.

Good luck!

Imperia

1stbaby Guest

Thanks for your advice. It really does help me. Eventhough I'm due early June, I didn't want to leave my search until it was too late. Besides, it's getting more and more difficult for me to shop around the stores too much, so I'm doing my research through the net mostly. But also all the stores tell you that it takes 16 weeks or so for delivery. We're going to look at Pali and Bellini in the stores tomorrow and try to make a decision. I know there are so many other things we'll need, I just want this off my list.

Thanks,
    Michelle
    Baby boy June 2004

APG Guest

I have Bellini furniture in both my kids rooms and LOVE all of it. Bellini makes the best changing table---used it for 2.5 years with #1.

1stbaby Guest

Thanks, I needed the encouragement. We went to the Bellini store yesterday and fell in love with it. After looking at almost everything out there, it seems right for our needs. You're right, the best changer I've ever seen. I'm surprised other companies don't make the same. Doesn't it make more sense changing the baby facing you rather than sideways?? Anyway, which one do you have? They only have a few styles, ours will be the new Domani. Plus the crib is a 3 in 1 now. I'm so excited. Did you ever have any problems with the customer service?

Thanks,
    Michelle
    Baby Boy June 2004

Jennamax Guest

I looked at both Bellini and Ragazzi, and ended up getting a Ragazzi crib and the case pieces to go with it.

While both were nice, there was something about the Ragazzi that I just liked more, I guess. Nothing concrete - I just liked the overall look better. They were comparable in price, so I just went with the one I had a better feeling about.

My sister-in-law has Bellini for my nephew, and she loves it, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast