Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    epelba01 Guest

Default RE: Bellini vs. Pali nursery

What kind of a Mattress are you getting with it. We went to the bellini store and the mattress they are recommending was the innerspring foam which was called Bellini Moms by Colgate. I am not sure what it is like and how firm and suitable it is for a newborn.

I was wondering if any of you had any info on this topic.

Thank you.

Alex

EagerlyAwaitingBaby Guest

I got a Bellini in Annie - Haven't used it yet. For me the drawer underneath was important b/c I have limited space. For me, it will be useful for storing extra blankets and sheets and stuff like that. It was pricey, but the construction just felt really solid. Many of my Mom's friends' children have Bellini and are very satisfied w/ the cribs. Another thing, the changer top on the matching dressers allows the baby to face you when you change it. I haven't used this either, as I'm due in a few weeks, but I've heard that it is a nice feature.

babyontheway Guest

I think the vast majority of Pali cribs have drawers. And Pali is the same quality as Bellini (I looked at and researched both). I do agree though that the Bellini changer is far superior!

adorablebaby Guest

hi
    i looked at both bellini and pali. i ended up going with bellini and love it!
    good luck

jayali Guest

Not to make things more confusing for you, but if you like Bellini you should also look at Vermont Precision. I was determined to buy well built quality furniture and had been leaning toward Bellini, when a friend of mine suggested looking at Vermont Precision. I am SO glad that I did. I LOVE my crib. It is very sturdy and well made. I also decided not to buy "nursery" furniture, but did pieces that will take our son into his teen years and beyond. All of the pieces I got are extremely well made (solid cherry) and will be able to grow with him. We did pay a little more, but I feel like we will use all of the furniture much longer. As far as a changer, we used a pad on top of his dresser, and I bought a changer for our family room, so I wouldn't have to keep running upstairs. As far as the under crib drawer, my crib doesn't have one, but I bought bins and put casters on them and they are hidden by the bed skirt and store a lot more then a drawer would.

If you haven't all ready ordered your furniture try and take a look at Vermont Precision. You may not change your mind, but it can't hurt.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2