Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lampes Guest

Default RE: Best glider that look more like regular chair?

I purchased a BEST glider and ottoman at a local retailer for $600 (both). It is fully upholstered and has a rounded back. There were a lot of fabrics to chose from as well.

http://www.sungheedesigns.com/Images/glider.jpg

neosr Guest

OK, so I looked back through my e-mails (because I e-mailed them asking who the manuf was) and the eBay seller is baby-n-kidstuff. But it doesn't look like they have any right now.

In any case, when it comes to gliders like anything else, it pays to shop around. If you must have a certain fabric, you'll probably end up having to pay full retail for your custom choice. But if you like a particular floor model (like we did), you could end up saving hundreds.

McQ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for the suggestions. Glad to hear Little Castle got some good reviews and will also look into Best Chairs. We're in Virginia so getting a deal in California isn't going to be an option. We've got some time but have read that the wait on Little Castle can be 3 months. Would love to find a floor model steal.

Allison
    ~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
    and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We live in VA as well and I got our Best Chair from Baby-2-Teen furniture in Manassas. The chair was $400 and looks very similar to the Little Castle but it has a little more padding (I felt) on the backrest and has cute button tufting on the backrest as well. They had tons of fabrics to choose from - we picked a brushed red cotton. Let me know if you want me to email you a picture.

Good luck!

Jennymarie Guest

Default Link to seller's listing for Best Chairs Glider & Ottoman - $399

I also didn't want a regular glider. That said, the upholstered rockers really didn't rock long enough for me (I'm 5'7"). I found the Best Chairs glider to be a perfect solution for me. Its larger than most gliders for comfort, and when you rock in it you can really get a good long glide instead of the short little rocks you would get in an upholstered rocker like those sold at PBK.

I bought mine, WITHOUT the ottoman, for $440 plus tax. But afterward, I found this ebay dealer who will order one for you WITH the ottoman for $399 plus shipping. That's a really amazing deal, and I am totally kicking myself for not finding it sooner :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=20426

charleyc Guest

Allison-
    I suppose the wait could be 3 months but we ordered ours the first week of December and it was here in mid-January. The furniture store warned us of the potential wait, but we didn't have a problem.

Good luck!

stacyleigh Guest

I also have a Little Castle and LOVE it. We did luck out and purchase a floor model at about $150 off. (slight tear in fabric but not in a noticable location). We have the Magestic and it is beautiful and roomy enough that the chair will still be useful when baby is a toddler. Well worth the extra money!! :)

stacy
    SAHM to
    Olivia 6/23/95
    Lucy 11/08/03

Second time parents Guest

We purchased a Dutailier fully upholstered glider, recliner and it also has a lock which keeps the seat from moving. Here is a pic of it and it can come in a lot of different fabrics too. We purchased it at www.rockingchairstore.com .

cc517 Guest

question about this chair...i've read that reclining is a must have feature on a glider/ottoman...that its VERY useful...this chair doesnt recline...how do you like yours and do you miss the recline? i wonder how similar this chair is to the PBK one?

hellosmiletoday Guest

Default Where can I "test" a Little Castle glider?

Does anyone know of a place in S. Florida that carries them so I can try them out?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast