Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default RE: glider - does it need to recline?

I ALWAYS use the recline. I don't use the glider that often, but would probably never use it if it didn't recline.
    Kim

jp96 Guest

Default How important is the lock feature?

This seems to add about $100 on. I'm looking at the very basic dutailier that only glides at Target. Does anyone have this chair and would they recommend it?

Thanks

cimberdog Guest

Default RE: How important is the lock feature?

We got our glider at Good Night Bens (Internet store). We got the Dutalier, with rock, recline and swivel, plus the ottoman with the nursing insert. The price was VERY reasonable!!! However, I see they are no longer in business due to crackdowns by Dutalier to reduce 'net discounts. So, expect to pay more I guess if you are getting a Dutalier.

I LOVE the recline and use it all the time. The nursing insert in the ottoman was a waste of money though.

tippy Guest

Hi,

Im curious if the glider you got is the same as mine. It is called the multiposition glider and it glides, rocks, reclines and locks in a straight up position and various recline positions. The ottoman also glides. What is the nursing insert??? That wasn't available when I purchased mine. If it is the same rocker I purchased it from a Canadian Company (see previous post) and paid 444.00 US for the rocker and 136.00 US for the ottoman with no shipping or tax. Do you remember what you paid for yours? Wondering if I got as good of a deal as I think I did. (I researched this thing TO DEATH!!!). Thanks.

I have the Dutalier that locks but does not recline. I really haven't used the lock all that much and would have rather had the recline option. I found that if the baby fell asleep in your arms it was kinda hard to lock the glider in position because the locking arm was on the right hand side and if the baby was asleep in you right arm it was impossible without moving the baby to the other arm and risking waking him up. It would be really nice if Dutalier came up with a way to lock it in place with your foot.

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We went with a Dutailer that locks, but does not recline. I have slept many a night in my chair without it--I just lock the chair in it's most tilted back position and snooze away. ;)

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annalia 03/03/03

spunkybaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

>This seems to add about $100 on. I'm looking at the very
    >basic dutailier that only glides at Target. Does anyone have
    >this chair and would they recommend it?
    >
    >Thanks

We have the basic Dutalier glider from Target and have been
    very happy with it. It's comfortable, and DH had no problems
    putting it together. I do not miss the recline (so far), and we
    use it quite often when feeding the baby or when pumping.

New mom to spunky baby
    March 2004

luvtoshop Guest

Hello--I was just thinking the other day that our Glider has been one of the best purchases we made. I was fortunate to get a great deal from Good Night Ben in Canada. I got the plushy material in cute sage green swirls, recline, lock, & ottoman. I can't imagine what life would have been like without this glider. We still use it many times a day. The reclining feature has been a necessity for napping/sleeping when sick and just relaxing. My husband probably locked it more than I ever did. I probably could have done without the ottoman since I used a nursing stool for a long time and now that I'm not nursing, I think a cute tuffet would have been cute in the nursery. I still use the ottoman, but if you're wanting to work within a budget, I'd go with the glider that is very comfortable and has the reclining feature and skip the ottoman. Especially if you're going to nurse. The nursing stool is very inexpensive and gets a lot of use. You can find cute nursing stools at specialty baby stores. I wasn't a fan of the Medela stools.

Good luck!

murpheyblue is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DH and I debated the recline as well. He wanted it and I thought we didn't need it. In the end, we got the recline and I'm glad as we have used it often. One thing to consider is the size of the room you will put the glider in. DD's room is fairly small and the glider takes up a lot of space. If you want to use a recline feature, you have to set the chair a little further away from the wall to have room for the recline and the glide. If the room was really small, the recline feature may not be worth giving up the extra space.

Ali
    Mom to Megan 9-28-03

thanks so much....
    recline it is!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast