Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    swan01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Other Legacy / Child Craft customers?

OK - I just called Baby-2-Teen back to double-check (like they told me to do) and was informed that they are NOT taking orders for Legacy and that they are selling their floor models. This is quite the opposite of what they told me on Sunday. So, sorry for the mis-information!

NYmom2be Guest

We had ordered Legacy for our 2nd baby at Great Beginnings. They notified us of Childcraft's problem, so we went back to their showroom and they gave us our other options. Great Beginnings claims to have over 800 cribs in stock, so we didn't have a problem finding a crib.We found a Pali crib, and we chose an RT 6 drawer and they quoted 4-6 weeks. So in the end, we might even receive the furniture faster than the Legacy was origionally quoted. I guess it all worked out better in the end.
    Best of luck

kklein Guest

Is this the Baby-2-teen in Manassas?

swan01 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yes, in Manassas. They are now selling their floor models, in case you are interested.

fulchersc Guest

Default RE: Child Craft/Legacy hit by flood, damage delays shipments

I, too, placed an order for a Legacy piece (changing table) back in March through USA Baby. The 8-10 weeks delivery time they quoted me came and went, and I just found out (12 weeks after I placed the order) about the flood. I am a little upset that the changing table wasn't already shipped before this happened, but I am sorry for Legacy/Child Craft's problem. They now tell me it will be 12 more weeks before they can get my piece to me!

I am due in 4 1/2 weeks! I need a cherry changing table with drawers. There are not many stores in Greenville, SC, to shop for floor models - mainly USA Baby and Babies R Us. USA Baby offered to loan me a table until mine got in, but I just want to buy one and be finished (and happy!) with it. I am going to Atlanta on Saturday to search all the baby stores... any suggestions?

Play Pen Guest

Default RE: Child Craft/Legacy hit by flood, damage delays shipments

New Baby Products

persephone Guest

Christine, just a thought -- since you don't necessarily need a crib right away, I wonder whether you might still get your Child Craft crib in time? I'm no expert, but I've been told about parents who even use a dresser drawer for a newborn to sleep in! So you might have more time than you think.

Melanie
    EDD: 8-26-2004

Hi, Melanie. You're right about not needing the crib right away -- and my girlfriend has a cradle I can borrow for a few weeks, so I don't have to resort to a drawer. :)

It really comes down to a lack of confidence in the company at this point. I'm a little nervous about taking delivery on the bookcase and combi dresser without having any idea when the crib will get here. I'm also concerned they might ship me a crib that's water damaged. I guess my point is that once I commit to the other two pieces, I'm "stuck" with Legacy.

My retailer, Baby Love, isn't being much help. When I ordered everything on March 23rd, they quoted me a delivery time of six to 16 weeks. That means they have until July 13th (I'm due July 16th) to deliver - and they don't seem amenable to letting me cancel the bookcase and dresser beforehand so I can start from scratch with another manufacturer. They said I can pick an in-stock crib to replace my missing Legacy, but nothing in their store goes with my other furniture. Why should I have to pay $400+ for something I don't really want?

Just frustrated and venting at this point. I know this situation is no one's "fault," but it's the last thing I need to be worrying about right now.

Take care,
    C

Default Finally, some encouraging news!

Since I've been complaining so much, thought I'd pass on a little good news for a change. My retailer tells me that my crib is fine and will ship within two weeks. That means I should (hopefully!) receive it in early July, just before my due date.
    Good luck to the rest of you Legacy mommies waiting on furniture!
    C

persephone Guest

Default RE: Finally, some encouraging news!

That's fabulous, Christine! Here's hoping what your retailer says pans out for you.

Melanie
    EDD: 8-26-2004

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast