Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    helaina Guest

Default RE: Apparently not as bad as originally thought?

>I went to Great Beginnings in Maryland on Saturday and they
    >were selling all their floor models 20% off because they said
    >they were temporarily going to stop carrying Legacy and
    >ChildCraft...I went to Baby-2-Teen yesterday and...he said that
    >Legacy is currently back up to estimating 10 weeks for
    >delivery.
    >
    >Of course, they could just be trying to make a sale, so I am
    >going to call them on Wednesday to make sure.

I've been to the Baby-2-Teen in Manassas twice (once this fall and once this spring) and both times I heard a sales associate tellling another associate of a customer complaining that their furniture still hadn't arrived. That place gives me a bad feeling. I live an hour away from them and over an hour away from Great Beginnings, but I think I'll buy my furniture from Great Beginnings and just pay the extra delivery charge. I wanted to tell you that since you shop at both stores too. GB also sends coupons out in the clipper type mailings. I just get a more positive feeling at that store than Baby-2-Teen. Just wanted to share.

New Baby Products Guest

Default RE: Child Craft/Legacy hit by flood, damage delays shipments

What is the number of the changing table you ordered?

Default RE: Finally, some encouraging news -- NOT!

Since no one has posted to this thread in a while, I thought I'd chime in again. It's June 30th and still no furniture. Now my retailer tells me they aren't getting info from Child Craft/Legacy, and have no idea when my crib will ship. Best of all, each time I call for an update, they get progressively more rude. I'm really sad that I won't have my nursery ready in time. :(
    C

persephone Guest

Oh no! Well I'm still hopeful for you Christine. You never know, I suppose ... it could still work out.

:/

Melanie
    EDD: 8-26-2004

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm seriously thinking of ordering that iron crib from Childcraft / Legacy, and the woman at the store I'd buy it from (New Baby Products in Atlanta) assured me that since I'm not due until late Nivember / early December, I'd be fine, but should I reconsider cased on what y'all have heard?

Play Pen Guest

If it is in white I have the crib and I will be more than happy to send it to New Baby Products for you. We help each other out all the time.

jpruyn71 Guest

Hi Christine,

I just started really looking into the whole Legacy/Childcraft thing. I ordered by furniture at the end of April, and in June, my retailer told me that I would be getting it by end of July. I'm due end of August, so I wasn't worried. - til last week.

My retailer called to tell me he had an update of mid August for the crib and mid September for the Dresser. He said that the cribs are made out of the country, so the warehouse only has to be able to accept shipment in order to deliver them. He said that the dressers and such are made at the Indiana location and they were getting approval last week from the health department to begin production again. So, no production since May 27 I guess. However, he did say that he has been receiving shipments (although small and few) from Childcraft.

My retailer also said that the original dates given directly after the flood were only an estimate. The ones I am given now are a better estimate, and he said that he is planning on getting another update from his rep on July 16.

I'm blessed to have a retailer who is working with me, and said that we will explore other options next week. But hopefully the information he has given to me (above) will help you make any decision you need to make.

I hope it works out.

Jennifer
    Due: Madelyn on August 26, 2004.

angusmom Guest

Here is an article on the Child Craft situation posted at Kids Today Online:

http://www.kidstodayonline.com/kidsn...7-06-04e.shtml

Gives some background about what Child Craft is going through. Seems like a devastating situation for everyone involved - Child Craft, retailers, and consumers. :-(

bettyboop Guest

This situation is depressing. I try to buy American when I can (Car, Crib, furniture, mattress, ect). There are already so many cribs (and other products) made overseas. They had enough competition already....Well, Hoosiers are resourceful folks. Lets hope they are able to bounce back and keep more options for products made in America.

Default Baby - and furniture - arrived! :)

Hi. My thanks to everyone who has offered information and words of encouragement through this post. Just wanted to share the news that Nicholas William was born last Thursday, July 8th, at 2:14 p.m. He's healthy and absolutely gorgeous - everything a mommy could hope for!
    Also (on a much less important note now!), all three of my Legacy furniture pieces arrived this week. They are in perfect condition, and Nicholas' nursery is coming together quickly.
    Not sure I'd place an order with Legacy today, given all that's happened, but I'm very happy to have finally received my order.
    C

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast