Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default RE: BRU says childcraft went out of business this week? Any truth?

No, this is not true---Child Craft is NOT going out of busines or declared bankruptcy. The Babies R Us store employee who told you that was wrong!

Just setting the record straight!

Alan & Denise Fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

brooksmom Guest

They might as well be going out of business. We ordered two room groupings from a local store for my 2 year old and my newborn in February. Childcraft was already late on delivering the furniture when the flood happened in May. My local retailer has been great in keeping us updated by faxing us Childcraft's memos and cutting schedules that relate to our purchase. We have watched as our furniture's manufacturing dates have been constantly pushed back. One group we purchased was cancelled by the factory 4 months after we had ordered it. Now, 8 months after we placed our order, we just received part of our order. Our bookcase has been repeatedly delayed. Childcraft now claims November. That's 9 months after our order.
    I totally regret not canceling the order and moving on. The retail stores that are discussed on this board that were not taking orders or issuing warnings were right. Our store also warned us, but we liked the furniture and it is torture getting DH to go shopping. Legacy makes nice furniture but they have been very unrealistically optimistic in their forecasts.
    Best of luck to my fellow sufferers.

novemberbaby Guest

Thanks for clearing this up. Unfortunately, I can't purchase it now - too close to my due date!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

My BRU in dublin, ohio also told me childcraft was going out of business when I called to ask. I actually corrected them and said, "no, they are recovering from a major flood." The guy said, "oh yeah, they are not going out of business it is XXXX that is going out business." So, maybe some of the BRU employees are getting two different companies mixed up that were updated on the same memo or something.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

It would be my guess that some of the employees are equating "not accepting new orders" with "going out of business". If they can't sell Legacy/Childcraft, they couldn't care less about the status of the company.
    Mamma to a pretty little princess 3/06, a long awaited blessing 6/11, and a sweet surprise 11/13!

taylorsbaby Guest

Hello everyone. Please let me introduce myself first. I am an owner of a baby and juv. furniture store who proudly carries Childcraft / Legacy furniture. I read and heard of the terrible accusations allegedly made by employees of some BRU stores. Please let me tell you what my husband and I saw last week during a visit to the factory belonging to Childcraft Ind. in Salem Ind. We were ready for the worst when we arrived because we saw the pictures on the websites, high water, garbage strewn about and total devastation. What we saw was employees working away building cribs and dressers, staining them and also packing. We had just missed a shipment being loaded on a transport trailer destined for my store. Mind you, there was not as much inventory as we saw three years ago during our last visit, but the atmosphere was incredible and upbeat. It may not be too important to many of you reading this, but as a small business owner and a parent, it actually made my heart skip a beat for the owners and employees of Childcraft. An unbelievable transformation had occurred over the four monthes since the flood and the optimism is justified from what we witnessed. From my family to all of the Childcraft Ind family, congratulations and we know that you will continue to be a leader in the baby and juvenile furniture industry. (P.S. if anyone at Childcraft reads this, I hope that you don't mind that we expressed our opinions based on our visit and from dealing with your fine company) Susan Lidster owner Taylor's Nursery & Playroom

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5