Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JenzooBen Guest

Default RE: Best crib brands

We bought a convertible Pali for my DS and it is beautiful and very sturdy. It looks brand new after three years! I also have the matching furniture pieces and all of it is good quality.

We are now expecting twins and wanted to go with something cheaper and bought (2) Sorelle Lana's(their cheapest crib). I was disappointed to find out later that this crib is made from Birchwood(not Beechwood like what the Baby Bargains books stated all their cribs are made of) and their Cherry finish was not very good. The crib is sturdy however and still a decent bargain - their customer services was not good either - I was disappointed with their response but did get some help from the distributer.

In any case, if you can - check out the crib in person before purchasing.

Jenny

Nikshim Guest

Wow, that is a tough question and as you can see from the responses, there are different thoughts. I think Baby Bargains does a really nice job of reviewing the various manufacturers.

After looking everywhere from Babies r-us, Pottery Barn, Target and speciality stores we ended up with a Ragazzi. We also liked Morigeau/Lepine which was in the same price range. We liked the Pali cribs but the prices were even higher than the other two so I just stopped looking at those. I found from a safety and feature standpoint, there were a lot of similarities. The difference we found was in the sturdiness of the crib, ease of use (pulling down the rails), noise and style. Definately try lowering the rail with one hand-that immediately made us run from some cribs.

Note, not everyone can afford $500+ cribs and that is why I think Baby Bargains does a great job of reviewing the manufacturers in all price ranges. I would personally try to put a budget together and focus your crib selection on the cribs in that price range. When you enter the baby store, tell them what are my options in this price range and these brands.

Also, if there are outlets or warehouses near you, look there in that you might find deep discounts on last years model.

dramamama04 Guest

We ended up buying a crib from a specialty store. It's the Baby's Dream Generation Next single dropside crib with a knee release. We got it in the cherry finish. It is so sturdy and beautiful! It actually looks better and is definitely safer than the Generation Next crib that has the drop gate. Plus the finish is so deep and rich it's more like a black cherry, which suits us since I'm having a boy. I couldn't be happier with my crib. They had a lot of others on sale, including Pali, Morigeau-Lepine, and Legacy. When I saw it I knew and felt that it was the one. The crib is convertible, but it only converts to a toddler bed, so we can switch it back to a crib for future use. The crib was on sale for $299, so we were lucky. I'm SOOOOOO glad we ended up purchasing from a specialty store rather than a "big box" store. Thanks for all your help!

newNCmom Guest

I recently bought the Paula crib too! I actually didn't buy it for the convertible extra +, but you said it came with an adapter bar? I don't we received one of those. Have you converted it yet? Did you have to buy other parts? If so, where did you get them? I know the 1-877 Pali # my specialty store gave me is on vacation until Aug 5th.

I love mine too! It's gorgeous! Good to know it's lasted you 4 years.. I hope to get the same great use out of mine.

Thanks!

waikula Guest

Fairy,

I too am considering the Forever Carmen crib by Pali. How do you like yours so far? How hard is it to change the sheets when the mattress is in the lowest position? Any info you can provide about this crib would be much appreciated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2