ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Colgate Mattress Questions

Where's the best place to get Colgate Crib Mattresses? Also, does anyone know the difference between the Classica I and the Classica Supreme? (Both are at babycatalog.com) I don't know if the Supreme is worth it. All I know about it is the dual levels of firmness -- extra firm side for newborns & softer side for toddlers. It's 1 lb heavier than the Classica I.

Thanks!!
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

Rikkele Guest

Default RE: Colgate Mattress Questions

I got the Classica I from Kidsurplus.com. I think it was $95 plus S/H. It arrived quickly with no problems. Only problem is DD won't sleep in her crib! At least not yet...
    Not too sure about the differences but I think the dual firmness is teh only majjor difference.

Thank you!

babygirlinOct04 Guest

I got a Classica I at baby catalog of america. Do you know what mattress pad you plan to use with it??? I'm still trying to decide, but can't find the one that Colgate recommends - Colgate's Wee-a-way mattress pad.

Thanks...

Not a Bobblehead Guest

We purchased our Colgate Classic I from Great Beginnings online for $79 and no shipping or tax. It arrived all the way on the west coast promptly and for about $40 less than our local baby botique was selling it for (not to mention tax). Unfortunately, it looks like GB online store is closed for an overhaul. Maybe they would let you order it over the phone? It is a great mattress and fits our Ragazzi perfectly and baby seems perfectly happy and comfy. Good luck.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't know if you have already ordered the mattress, but I ordered the Colgate Classica I from BabyCatalog.com. It arrived quickly and in good condition. However, if I had to do it over again I would get the Supreme. Now that DS is a toddler I wish I had the dual firmness, I would like a little softer mattress for him at this point (though he sleeps just fine on the Classica, so I'm not sure what I am complaining about!) But anyway, down the road you might be glad to have paid a little more for the Supreme. The Classica is a great mattress though and I am overall very happy with it.

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

Thanks everyone!! I did not order it yet.

Fun Fair For Four Guest

Well I'm glad you had a good experience with your purchase from great beginnings. I called them to ask if they carried a particular mattress I saw at another store, they told me yes, and that they have it in stock for $20 less. So I drove over an hour to get there just to find out that they don't carry it, but they then try to sell me a "better" model! What kind of **** is that? Anyway, I went to the other store just to buy it, loved it, hoped the kid did as well. Oh, and the irony, I read the label, and it says exclusive, GB could never carry that one anyway.