Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    allycat Guest

Default Any experiences buying a Dutailier glider online?

I just picked out the Dutailier glider and ottoman that I want at a local baby store. It's expensive, so I decided to do some price shopping. I've found two different internet sites that will sell the same glider and ottoman to me for $200 less than my local store (in addition to cheaper prices, they offer free shipping and no sales tax). It will take a lot longer for me to get my chair (they have to special order it from Dutailier so it will take 8-10 weeks whereas my local store has this model in stock), but it should still get here before my due date. I'm tempted to buy it online given the huge difference in price, but I'm a little nervous about it since it's such a big purchase and I can't return it. Does anyone have experience with either of these companies that I'm considering:

rockingchairstore.com
    babycatalog.com

I did a search here on them, and while there were a lot of good comments about rockingchairstore.com I realized that almost all of the posts were made by the same person. I'd love to hear of any additional experiences. Thanks!

Default RE: Any experiences buying a Dutailier glider online?

I bought my Dutailier glider from Babycenter.com and had a good experience. They currently only carry one model, but you can get different finishes and fabric. Their website says it ships within 10-15 days, which about what I remember.

As long as you've tried out this particular model in a store and you know it's comfortable, etc., I wouldn't worry too much about ordering it online. If it gets damaged in shipment, the company should be responsible for replacing it, not you.

And I was sooooo glad we got a glider. I agonized over the decision forever, but I use it every day (and in the early weeks, for many hours every day) and it was worth every penny!

HTH, and good luck!

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought mine online in 12/02 from goodnightben.com. Excellent service and it came quickly with no problems. I remember also looking at rockingchairstore.com, but goodnightben had a better price. You might want to check that out too.

Holly
    Mom to Mia (3.17.03)
    Another March baby EDD (3.23.05)

http://lilypie.com/days/050323/0/0/1/-6/.png

I believe Dutalier is shut down for vacation until August 9th or so. This might slow down shipment so I would check on that.

We bought a Shermag glider from a local store and spent more money than online b/c we wanted the store to be responsible for making sure everything was right. Our base came broken and we are still having to deal with it. Shermag said they sent the base twice and it never arrived. Now they are saying they never shipped it and it won't be sent until August. We ordered the glider in April so although this is another company beware you might have problems.

Knowing what I know now, I would much rather have bought the glider from a store that carried it in stock so we could make sure nothing was wrong with it. That would have saved us many hassles.

wheeler79 Guest

We purchased our first chair & ottoman from rockingchairstore.com approx 2 years ago and we purchased another from them in May. We had a great experience with them and we also recommended them to my brother in Boulder CO and they were very happy. I never needed to write anything in these forums before, but like the saying goes,"when you have something that's good, let others know".

i also got mine from rockingchairstore.com and had a great experience with them.

kmbplus1 Guest

Do you have a USA Baby near you? I was going to buy online from rockingchairstore.com and just went to USA Baby to see it in person to pick out fabric. They price matched (without even asking me for any proof!) and because they already had a request for a shipment in, I got the chair in about 2 weeks!

They have also price matched my stroller and car seat with online prices. Hassle free and so convenient!

wheeler79 Guest

This is exactly why there are so few small retailers who really give friendly knowledgeable customer service anymore. If these stores that say that they will price match really cared about the consumer, why do they need to lower their prices to get your sale? Hey, it's your nickel but this is at least why our area (Michigan) is losing all of our small people orientated stores to the big box stores. I see this everyday and it really @#&^%*'s me off.

vdrake71 Guest

I bought my Dutailier and ottoman at babycatalog.com. I had a great experience with them and they were the cheapest. The one thing that I did do was go to the local Babies R Us store and look at the fabric choices and test out the chairs. This gives you a good idea of what you are buying.

kmbplus1 Guest

Sorry - This was my first time posting and I was just trying to be helpful. I didn't expect hostility in return. From my understanding, and according to the Baby Bargains book, USA Baby is a Baby Specialty store. I'm just trying to get what I need, in time for my baby, without going to the poorhouse and I thought I'd drop some advice in there for someone who was asking. It wasn't meant to upset someone else in the process.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast