Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Any experiences buying a Dutailier glider online?

I bought my glider online from babycatalog.com. I checked with several onoline retailers and they had the best price along with a good reputation on this web site.

I spent a lot of time on the dutailier web site looking at fabrics to find something DH would like. I did check with my local store because I wanted an unusual fabric (a red with a pattern). The local baby store said they were not able to order the fabric that I wanted. Therefore I purchased from babycatalog who said they could order that fabric and they had the model that I wanted, the 11789.

Everything arrived intact. The ottoman showed up one day and the glider then next. As I recall, the order came a few weeks in advance of the time frame babycatalog had quoted me.

The glider has been useful for me, but far more useful for dad and grandparents to hold the baby.

bababooey Guest

What, exactly, about a free market, "@#&^%*'s" you off? Is it your economics background that leads you to the opinion that we, as a society, should pay more simply to keep a small business afloat?

Intersting...

Second time parents Guest

Could not help but feel hostility here. By the sounds of your statement, I can see why every manufacturing business is leaving our country, but you're right, it is our God given right to pay the lowest price possible, but unfortunately more than half of the population will not be able to even pay this because their jobs will be gone. In all honesty, we'll be able to thank people like you. Have a great day!

This is always heated topic (chains/discounters versus indie stores), but let us remind all users that we debate the ISSUE here, we don't attack the poster.

Our boards (and books) focus on how to save money---and yes, that sometimes means ordering from an online discounter. Of course, you can disagree with the this process and whether it hurts smaller retailers. Please keep it civil.

Alan & Denise Fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

rlp4 Guest

I ordered my Dutailier glider online from babyage.com, which had competitive pricing compared to other sites and incredible shipping policies. (I live in a rural area and no local store carries Dutailier.) They shipped it for a grand total of $3.95 (and I paid no sales tax). The glider arrived in less than a week undamaged by shipping, and I was able to get the reclining feature, cherry finish, and sage cushions I wanted, all without a wait. I strongly recommend that web site.

I didn't buy my glider online (got it at BRU), but wanted to chime in and say i love babycatalog.com. I have bought several items there with great success.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

tippy Guest

We bought our chair form rockingchairstore.com and saved A LOT of money. We were quoted Canadain dollars and the price difference was significant. I bartered with them since their price was comparible to another site's. I was able to purchase a gliding, reclining, swiviling, locking rocker with gliding ottoman for 896.00 Canadian (only 580.00 US!) That is what some of my friends paid for the rocker alone. I also got to pick the color cushion and style I wanted. Overall it was a great experience working with them. The Rocker was 444.00 and the ottoman was 136.00.

Here is a pic of the rocker I got (in sage)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/11331.jpg

ETA...Oh and no shipping or tax either!

vivace Guest

Like you, we found the babycatalog.com price for the 11789 Dutailier reclining/locking glider was lower than our local stores by more than $200, and it was the lowest price among all other online retailers we found. We custom ordered the exact fabric and wood combination we wanted, and it was delivered lickety split in much less time than expected. Their customer service is friendly and great, never more than a phone call, fax or email away. Based on our experience purchasing our Dutailier through them, we also bought all other big ticket items like our Inglesina Zippy and Britax Wizard through them. We give BABYCATALOG.com a big THUMBS UP!

whitneysmom10 Guest

Hi everyone. This is the first time that I have written anything here but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading and keeping up to date on all the posts. As mentioned, this is the first time that I have wrote anything, so I hope that I do not mess up. Reading through this post, I just wanted to second the letter that tippy wrote. I priced around and found that rockingchairstore.com had very good prices along with friendly people to whom I spoke with. We purchased the model 11789 sleigh style with recline and the matching ottoman. The cost for the chair was only $485 and the ottoman was $160. Since I lived close to their outlet in Michigan, they actually delivered and set it up for us. We have purchased a lot of furniture at some of the other stores in the area and when they came to deliver they acted like we were a bother, but the rockingchairstore.com delivery person was actually the owners husband and he and my husband started talking football. Needless to say, I think my hubby has a new football friend. Anyways, I digress. I just want to say that our experience was super with this store. Bye Bye:)

tippy Guest

No need to worry! Well done and glad you have decided to "de-lurk" ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast