Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Where to find storage box/boxes for under the crib?

I'm looking for ideas about where to buy storage boxes to put underneath our crib. I am thinking of perhaps one to store extra bedding and blankets and a second to store bath supplies (towels, washclothes).

I would consider plastic ones if those come in sizes that work well, but would also really like to know if anyone has found more attractive storage boxes that fit well under a crib.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default RE: Where to find storage box/boxes for under the crib?

I just did the same thing yesterday! Went to Walmart and bought plastic under the bed storage boxes. I have a drawer under my crib so I needed something with less than 6 inches high. Luckly the standand under bed storage boxes are just the right size. I am sure you could find some nice square or rectangular baskets if you have a bit more clearance.

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was in Walmart yesterday checking out the assortment of boxes! I had forgotten to measure the exact dimensions of the crib, though...so I'll have to go back.

I am so jealous: your EDD was 1 day after mine (I'm Jan 27th) and I am sooooo ready to go into labor. I'm not sleeping well (thus I am posting at 5:07 am!). Congrats to you on your new baby girl!!

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I understand the not sleeping well bit, but I would have been grateful for a couple extra weeks of preparation before DD arrived. I was induced to to pre-eclampsia, so I didn't feel like I was quite ready even though I pretty much had the basics.

Thank you and I hope everything goes well with your delivery!

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

hellosmiletoday Guest

I am using two baskets purchased at Micheals that are LARGE -- about the same size as under the bed plastic bins. They were about $15 with a coupon, and my mom made liners for them. Just a note of caution though...once you lower the crib to the lowest position (which I just did this week), the boxes will be hidden under the skirt!

Mommy to baby girl 5.8.04