jennielh73 Guest

Default target kolkraft mattress or splurge?

should i just get the target mattress (is this the one http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B0000CBY7O) or should i splurge and get the classico? i need something 1.safe but 2.light enough for me to change in the middle of the night myself...

thanks for any suggestion :)

jennielh73 Guest

Default RE: target kolkraft mattress or splurge?

any ideas?

YMMV but we love our Target foam mattress. It's super light, firm, easy to move and do sheet changes, and hasn't shown any deformities or dents in the year that we've been using it. We have a memory foam mattress in our room and since I don't like springs for us I didn't want them for DS either. I was prepared to get a more expensive mattress but decided to try this one after reading the review.

DS seems perfectly comfortable with just a waterproof quilted mattress pad on top and jersey knit crib sheets. He loves his crib! And I won't feel guilty about tossing the inexpensive mattress when he's done with it. HTH -

Sam (mom to Stewart 8-15-03)

gilliesgal Guest

Hi! I posted on this topic in January and have a few different responses you might find helpful. . . . go to Page 2 and look for a question on the best crib mattress for the price. Given the responses that I've received, I think it is one of those things where you have to decide what's best for you. . . . I'm still a bit worried about the softness of a foam mattress. I think if you go use the ultimate crib sheet or something similar, it alleviates the concern of having to pick up a mattress for middle-of-the-night crib sheet changes. . . . just a thought.

Good luck!